So that Reddit Robinhood GameStop Stock Thing

Prokofy Neva

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

22 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

As I said, ignorance is not an excuse. I do feel sorry for them but if you don't want to risk your money, don't invest it in funds run by reckless traders. If you've been conned, blame the con men, not the people who called their bluff.

Let's bring this back to the original metaphor. A few weeks ago there was a griefing attack around my house. Replicating cubes, offensive particles, annoying sounds, etc. Literally nothing new - the cube spawners were over ten years old. In my abuse report I called it a "mediocre griefing attack."

The reason this griefing attack, which was messing up at least three regions, was possible was that there were parcels in the area that allowed everyone to build and had no autoreturn. My personal property was secured, incidentally, and the non-secured lots were bought after I moved in. It sounds like you're saying that I should have been checking the settings on everyone's parcel as I got new neighbors, and if the parcels weren't secured I should have moved.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

11 minutes ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

It sounds like you're saying that I should have been checking the settings on everyone's parcel as I got new neighbors, and if the parcels weren't secured I should have moved.

That's what I did.

Eidt: To bring it back to Gamestop stocks. Everybody will have to make up their own mind whether short selling is ethical or not, I've certainly made up mind. But no matter how you look at it, it's a gamble and it has no place whatsoever in any market that is focused on safety and long term development. The blame and responsibility for the negative consequences it inevitably has, lies fairly and squarely on the people who decided to gamble their own and other people's money on such a scheme. Nobody else.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1171 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.