Partner having viewer issues

KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

My partner is having some issues: in firestorm viewer, a lot of her inventory is missing, she was running  6.4.12.62831.  In the SL viewer, she sees herself, and I as orange clouds, plus she cannot put her avi back on. What should she do, or what could the issue be? Everything was fine this Tuesday, Jan 26,2021

@KarraSue Since she sees you both as orange clouds on the LL viewer, it suggests that her connection via the net is not good.  It might be worth rebooting her modem or router (ie switching it off and then unplugging it for at least 2 minutes).

Is her inventory loading in the LL viewer?

See: https://wiki.firestormviewer.org/fs_missing_inventory

Also I suggest contacting FS support inworld.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, KarraSue said:

She said yes, that her inventory shows in the LL(SL) viewer, but she cannot put her avi on as her and I show as orange clouds. Who would she contact inworld, is there a specific person?

Clearing my inventory cache and rebooting my modem normally fixes this issue for me.

• Like 1

@KarraSueSince you use Firestorm viewer you have the option to join Firestorm Support via the top menu Help tab.  This in-world group can best advise on the solution to the issue.  Simply clearing and reloading your viewer cache is not likely to help, it would be imperative to TP to a low lag region to give it any chance.  Hippo Hollow is one of the best.

I strongly recommend that joining the in-world support group will give you the best chance of receiving the best advice on the inventory issue if you are unwilling or unable to follow the advice in that FS wiki article I gave you the link to in my previous reply.  The fact that her inventory loads on the LL viewer indicates to me that there may be a connectivity problem, but I am not as knowledgeable as advisors in the FS support operation, hence my suggestion to join the in-world group.

An update: She was able to get her normal avi and all inventory back on the SL viewer. So am thinking her Firestorm got corrupted somehow. 

**UPDATE**  She now has problem with  SL viewer not responding  and the viewer flashes on and off in certain spots in our house. When she tries to use one of the fight mats we have, she gets these:

"PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[17:36] Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[17:36] Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[17:37] Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[17:37] Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set
[17:37] Script trying to trigger animations but PERMISSION_TRIGGER_ANIMATION permission not set"

Edited by KarraSue

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1228 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.