Anyone who knows how to make a mesh avatar in SL.

heidi412

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Clearly, I'm a beginner and I know we can be annoying with all our mesh questions. Can I please ask someone to break it all down in a "this is what you wear/add to create a mesh avatar. I have already wasted so much money on unneeded parts its insane, so I'm begging, break it down for me!

13 minutes ago, heidi412 said:

Clearly, I'm a beginner and I know we can be annoying with all our mesh questions. Can I please ask someone to break it all down in a "this is what you wear/add to create a mesh avatar. I have already wasted so much money on unneeded parts its insane, so I'm begging, break it down for me!

Are you asking about how to set up and wear an existing mesh body, mesh head and mesh clothes?   (such as Maitreya Lara or Slink or Belleza or Legacy, etc - ones that you would purchase in-world) 

or are you asking how to actually create a brand new mesh body model and bring that into SL?

I've purchased everything to build a beautiful avatar, so I need to know how to put it together in Second life, what do I add verses what do I wear. I can't even imagine how to create one and bring it into Sl so for now I'm just working with Sl. Thank you so much for responding!

3 minutes ago, heidi412 said:

I've purchased everything to build a beautiful avatar, so I need to know how to put it together in Second life, what do I add verses what do I wear. I can't even imagine how to create one and bring it into Sl so for now I'm just working with Sl. Thank you so much for responding!

Although geared toward building a male avatar, the information on this website is invaluable.  https://virtualbloke.com/noob-dude-a-style-101-for-the-second-life-male-avatar

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, heidi412 said:

what do I add versus what do I wear.

"Add" and "Wear" are the same thing. Both will attach the object to your avatar.

"Wear" will detach the other objects that are currently attached to the same attachment-point as the new attachment you're about to wear.

"Add" will simply add the new attachment to your avatar, without detaching any existing stuff on the same attachment-point.

If you want to be safe, always add everything.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3

As you start to read through some of the tutorials and come across other questions, the best place in the Forums to post those questions will be in the Your Avatar - Second Life Community section of the Forums (Forums -> People -> Your Avatar).    You will likely get more responses in that section.   It can be confusing at first.   

Also, be sure to read the notecards that come with bodies, shapes, skins - often times they will have information about the steps to follow, or other important info about the best way to add the item. 

Edited by MoiraKathleen
changed NC's to notecards

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1192 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.