"Failed to find xxxxx " (some part of my avatar ) is always appears after new login

arini Tisane

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi All

This weeks I have the problem "failed to find xxxxx"  that doesn't solve yet, it always showing this error but different file is missing  (this is only the other error https://gyazo.com/c51b6de1b9ce1641978ae3f1053d317f )

So everytime I open SL, I need to make the avatar from scratch from new basic avatar

I already do

1. Clear browser cache

2. Clear inventory cache

3. Changed viewer into other ( was using firestorm, but trying using SL viewer - more worst on SL viewer)

4. Uninstall and reinstall

5. I play other game with high performance, its run fine. But on SL sucks

Wonder why this happen. Anyone got the same issue?

On 12/29/2020 at 3:47 AM, arini Tisane said:

5. I play other game with high performance, its run fine. But on SL sucks

Wonder why this happen. Anyone got the same issue?

This performance thing is common. Most games have a few gigabytes of game content which is downloaded with the game. SL has well over 200 terabytes of game content. SL is always downloading content for the region you are in and discarding it for new content when you leave a region and enter a new one. Plus whenever a new person comes into view all their stuff has to download.

Most game content is made by professionals. SL content is made by the residents of SL. In 2018 residents took about US$60 million out of the 'game'. Unfortunately most of those content creators are hobby level creators. This means there is little content that is optimized to a professional level. So, SL is slow because of the downloading and dificulty rendering poorly optimized content.

To run SL on Ultra requires a very robust computer and even then one is likely to have low frame rates.

• Like 2

this is because shape file is corrupted. you need to reset up your shape from the mesh head folder to stop the prompt of 'xxxx is missing' whenever you log in or teleport anywhere. i encounter this last month and i thought it was legacy server going bonkers... but no. from what i observe maybe it's because i teleported from 1 place to another without letting my whole avi to finish loading and caused the file corruption

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1222 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.