Why was lag so bad Monday and Tuesday?

Jennifer Boyle

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For several weeks SL had been performing better for me than it ever had---good frame rates, little lag, and fast loading of textures. Then day before yesterday, Sunday, the lag became terrible, textures were very slow to load, and frame rates were low. Then, Tuesday night,  the problem, whatever it was, resolved. I changed nothing on my end. The problem was present in multiple sims running on both LL and AWS servers. I found none with normal performance. It was so bad that my avatar, when walking, would take two steps, freeze for an instant, take two more step, freeze again, etc. Others noticed it, too.

Does anyone know what happened? There was nothing about it on the grid status page.

Edited by Jennifer Boyle

• Jennifer Boyle changed the title to Why was lag so bad Monday and Tuesday?
4 hours ago, Jennifer Boyle said:

Would that explain multiple sims running on both AWS and LL servers running poorly?

yeah for now.  oz says once everything is uplifted they can start to iron out the issues,  right now it's get it to aws and then fix it, which I understand if they have a deadline and sounds like they have a deadline.

• Like 1

and anyways lag is your friend

always with you, never abandons you like them horribel fair weather friends do. Always there to give you great big hugs, whether you want a hug or not. And like a truly true friend never gets upsets when you yell at them, just hugs you even closer til you give in and stop yelling 😺

• Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1264 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.