Sign in to follow this  
Torley Linden

Do you want "Double-Click to Teleport" on by default?

Hi, Torley! I'm new to Second Life, and I'm very grateful for instructional videos like these. Thank you for the time and effort that you invest in creating them!

As someone who is a long-time gamer, my number one frustration with SL during my first week here has been the lack of autorun, a feature available in World of Warcraft, Lord of the Rings, and so on. I asked a knowledgeable long-time resident, and she said she wasn't aware of a script that would do this.

Autopilot is a step in the right direction, and I'd like to see it on by default in Advanced mode.

Many thanks!

actually there is an auto run... you can either set preferences to double tap walk to engage run, or set in the menu to always use run.

Hi, Void Singer! I don't think I described what I was seeking as clearly as I might have in my previous post. Here's what I'm really looking for:

In World of Warcraft and every other MMO I've played, there's a button that you press once, and you start running. Press it again, and you stop. It's a toggle. In WoW, by default, it's NumLock.

Is there something exactly like that in Second Life of which you are aware? It could be a different button on the keyboard, like R or something, but it needs to be a pure toggle. It makes life so much easier.

Many thanks!

Thank you very much for confirming that, Void Singer! Maybe I'll find a kindly scripter who has the knowledge and skills to make it happen. At least I know I'm not overlooking something under one of the SL viewer menus.

Have a great day!

Actually, this advice is very wrong. Ctrl+r is the shortcut to turn "always run" on and off. And.... as far as I know, there is no way to change the speed of your avatar through scripting. The only alternative to make yourself move faster is to sit in a vehicle. This could be an invisible vehicle which animates you, but controlling any vehicle is much harder that just your avatar. LL should really create a function to change the avatar speed tho, as many creatures can run much faster than any human avatar.

Love this feature.

When I cleaned the computer out and this option failed the first time back in-world...I immediately went on the search to remember how to activate it.

Love that instantanious option of travel ;-D