Firestorm group chat

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, SubZeroWins said:

Hello,

suddenly my viewer stopped receiving group messages even though I didnt change anything in preferences. I also checked each group's window to see if the "Receive group instant messages" is unchecked.

Any ideas?

It's been an ongoing issue for a couple months as LL moves everything to the cloud.

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, SubZeroWins said:

So guys, its not only me? lol how relieving, its been at least the last 2 weeks

Nope, not just you.  TPs, group chat, baking issues, marketplace.  I think we just have to ride it out until they get everything where it needs to be.

Edited by RowanMinx

's fun this innit?  For two days now FS chat has been as dead as a doornail for me, was fine through the week, now nada.  Oh well, just got to wait this phase out.

Edited by Aishagain
spelling correction
  • Like 1

I am still having this issue. Is group chats working for you yet? Not being able to receive to see ANY posts in group chat MOST TIMES has impacted on my SL life greatly. How can I chat in group and receive group info (besides group notifications) if I can't SEE any chat? Extremely frustrating. I don't pay premium to very limited functionality. From what I understand this is going into month 3 of this same issue. This is completely inacceptable.

On 10/19/2020 at 6:16 AM, SubZeroWins said:

Hello,

suddenly my viewer stopped receiving group messages even though I didnt change anything in preferences. I also checked each group's window to see if the "Receive group instant messages" is unchecked.

Any ideas?

On 10/26/2020 at 8:50 PM, Aishagain said:

's fun this innit?  For two days now FS chat has been as dead as a doornail for me, was fine through the week, now nada.  Oh well, just got to wait this phase out.

I've had this for weeks!! Virutally none of my groups are getting through! Unacceptable! I pay premium for FULL service. This is extremely limiting. SL, fix it already! This is Month 3t hat this is going on for members.

On 10/19/2020 at 10:08 AM, RowanMinx said:

Nope, not just you.  TPs, group chat, baking issues, marketplace.  I think we just have to ride it out until they get everything where it needs to be.

I admire your patience but this is going on 3 months now. SL has to make this a priority. Not having access to group limits functionality greatly. I'm getting almost no groups chats.

for me as a shopkeeper it is frustrating not to be able to help my group ... not seeing what they write ... not being able to answer their questions! for my work it is important to have group chats back! and you can't even send a tiket to get attention! please who can do tiket so that they do not overshadow this problem that greatly affects the work and the quality of customer service! I guess the LL sure is working on this, because I know they always do what they can to help, but that they give it a higher priority! please who can make a tiket because the page to send the tiket does not open to me!

Edited by Arcano Kabila

For now, I just keep up with the groups I like and can chat in Facebook. Yes, it can be an added unwant, for some of you, but for others who have it, it is very helpful. I do hope this is taken care of soon, but for now I will just enjoy friends on Discord and keep up with groups on Facebook and Flickr. 

~With Covid19 taking lives, let's not let LL take our joy~

Sinira 

At last!

Scheduled Maintenance
Scheduled Group Chat Maintenance Nov 2, 10:00-10:30 PST
We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Group Chats beginning at 10 am PST on Monday, November 2nd. While this maintenance is in progress, Residents may be unable to use group chat. Please monitor this blog for any updates.
Posted on Nov 2, 09:10 PST
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Aishagain said:

At last!

Scheduled Maintenance
Scheduled Group Chat Maintenance Nov 2, 10:00-10:30 PST
We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Group Chats beginning at 10 am PST on Monday, November 2nd. While this maintenance is in progress, Residents may be unable to use group chat. Please monitor this blog for any updates.
Posted on Nov 2, 09:10 PST

Finally!  But I won't hold my breath on the 'fix'.  Time will tell.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This hasn't been fixed... Not being able to chat in group is really putting a damper on my ability to host for events. I'm a fairly patient person but --I've reached that point-- if you know what I mean. Sometimes my group notices work, sometimes they don't. And I haven't been able to chat in group for days. wtf??????? I've tried everything I can think of, like a full clean reinstall, etc., but still this bs which also includes scripts not working right. C'MON!!!

IS THIS THE DEATH OF SL?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1260 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.