Avatar Help: Clash between Hair and Dress

TheRedsStudio

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

120270821_10223788264756158_546838568549

120431319_10223788337797984_577883050737

Hi SL Forum!
I have two issues that I would like help with from the community, if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.

I am a novice and still desperately learning, so please speak plain everyday language (not SL-Expertese)

YELLOW ARROWS: Eyes Issue
I seem to have two sets of Eyes on my Avatar. 
The GLINT: Line of Hearts Eyes are the ones I want to keep.
The GIRL NEXT DOOR Eyes are the ones that were default on the SL Avatar and despite the title saying "(worn)", there's no way to 'Take Off" or "Detach from yourself"
I want to get rid of these GIRL NEXT DOOR Eyes, which don't appear to show up on the Avatar anyway. When I "Detach from yourself" the GLINT Eyes then I can see blank eye sockets and the sky and mountains or whatever is in the distant background. Kinda freaky, but not what I'm wanting! :P 
Not that the GLINT Eyes are perfect either. Look at that weird anomoly on the left-hand eyeball! But maybe the other Eyes are interferring. IDK.....

So how do I fix this?

GREEN ARROWS: Hair / Dress Issue
I got several Hairstyles from LAMB and I can't make any of them work properly with NO SHOT: Letice Satin Slit Dress Yellow for ALTAMURA (Body).
The Hair have all got Alpha (worn) + the Texture (add) yet this always makes parts of the dress disappear where I think parts of the hair texture is meant to be.
The dress does not come with an Alpha. Just the texture which is meant to match the ALTAMURA body.
I have tried "Take off" the hair Alpha, but this has no effect.
(Yes, I'm guessing at what to do. I really have no idea)

Any help to solve this would be cool!

Cheers and thanks!

Edited by TheRedsStudio

You need to have an ALPHA for your eyes. See how the ones you want to keep have a different icon than the "girl next door" ones?  Everyone has to wear system eyes (the girl next door eyes icon). We can ADD the mesh eyes if we want but have to make the system eyes disappear. You should (hopefully) have an eye alpha in the pack that came with your mesh eyes.

The other problem is because both your hair and dress have an alpha texture .  No way to fix that really. I can't see any reason why your dress needs an alpha on the texture unless there is lace on the hem we can't see.  Some new creators don't know how to texture correctly.   So wear a different hair or a different dress. There IS long hair without that issue. Or you can wear short hair with that dress. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, TheRedsStudio said:

120270821_10223788264756158_546838568549

120431319_10223788337797984_577883050737

Hi SL Forum!
I have two issues that I would like help with from the community, if anyone knows what I'm doing wrong.

I am a novice and still desperately learning, so please speak plain everyday language (not SL-Expertese)

YELLOW ARROWS: Eyes Issue
I seem to have two sets of Eyes on my Avatar. 
The GLINT: Line of Hearts Eyes are the ones I want to keep.
The GIRL NEXT DOOR Eyes are the ones that were default on the SL Avatar and despite the title saying "(worn)", there's no way to 'Take Off" or "Detach from yourself"
I want to get rid of these GIRL NEXT DOOR Eyes, which don't appear to show up on the Avatar anyway. When I "Detach from yourself" the GLINT Eyes then I can see blank eye sockets and the sky and mountains or whatever is in the distant background. Kinda freaky, but not what I'm wanting! :P 
Not that the GLINT Eyes are perfect either. Look at that weird anomoly on the left-hand eyeball! But maybe the other Eyes are interferring. IDK.....

So how do I fix this?

GREEN ARROWS: Hair / Dress Issue
I got several Hairstyles from LAMB and I can't make any of them work properly with NO SHOT: Letice Satin Slit Dress Yellow for ALTAMURA (Body).
The Hair have all got Alpha (worn) + the Texture (add) yet this always makes parts of the dress disappear where I think parts of the hair texture is meant to be.
The dress does not come with an Alpha. Just the texture which is meant to match the ALTAMURA body.
I have tried "Take off" the hair Alpha, but this has no effect.
(Yes, I'm guessing at what to do. I really have no idea)

Any help to solve this would be cool!

Cheers and thanks!

Yeah, not a whole lot you can do about the hair/dress thing.  Find a nice updo?

The left eye just needs edited to fit better into the opening.  Move it closer to the nose.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chic Aeon said:

You need to have an ALPHA for your eyes. See how the ones you want to keep have a different icon than the "girl next door" ones?  Everyone has to wear system eyes (the girl next door eyes icon). We can ADD the mesh eyes if we want but have to make the system eyes disappear. You should (hopefully) have an eye alpha in the pack that came with your mesh eyes.

Thank you! I went looking back in Inventory and found a line with the T-Shirt Alpha icon titled "No Eyes" 
I originally ignored it thinking it was something odd because it didn't carry the same name as the Eyes: Line of Hearts.
So I "Wear" this Alpha and the eyes on the Avatar are now behaving correctly.

I will now look at the hair and dress.

• Like 1

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do about the hair and dress because they are both no-modify. This is just the way SL works.  If both are set to alpha-blending, this bug will happen (and there is really only one good reason for a creator to make a dress alpha-blending, and that's if it's lacy).

The only thing you can do in this case is find another dress or wear short hair with it.

I sometimes have the same problem with my hair, but I find that if I make sure the hair is the last thing I put on, it's fine.  Try taking your hair off and putting it on again so you know it's the last thing you added, and see if that sorts the problem out. 🙂

2 hours ago, LunaThyme said:

I sometimes have the same problem with my hair, but I find that if I make sure the hair is the last thing I put on, it's fine.  Try taking your hair off and putting it on again so you know it's the last thing you added, and see if that sorts the problem out. 🙂

That only works temporarily, and only for you. You can sometimes get the same thing by going into edit mode on the hair or the dress. Not actually editing anything, just go into edit mode then back out again. But as soon as you move (yourself or the camera) the bug appears again.  So you might occasionally be able to use this trick in order to get a good snapshot, but it's no permanent solution.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1300 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.