Why don’t my tattoos work on my slink body?

Kashoutt

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I have literally tried everything from buying only tattoos compatible with slink to the omega appliers. I’ve tried researching, I made sure my layers support tattoos probably bought a world of things I will NEVER need to help get my tattoos to work I have even asked several friends and still my tattoos do not work. Any advice? 

2 minutes ago, DopeGirlKash said:

I have literally tried everything from buying only tattoos compatible with slink to the omega appliers. I’ve tried researching, I made sure my layers support tattoos probably bought a world of things I will NEVER need to help get my tattoos to work I have even asked several friends and still my tattoos do not work. Any advice? 

Do you have BOM turned on for your body?  If so, appliers won't work.  

• Like 1

If you use the Redux body, which is native BoM, you only need to wear system and/or tattoo layers for things.  No appliers is needed.

If you use the Classic body, you will need HUD appliers for tattoos to appear on your body.  If you have the Slink labeled applier, you're good to go.  If you use an applier labeled for Omega, you'll need to purchase a separate Omega kit (if you haven't done so yet) in order to get it to work.  You also might want to try toggling the layer masking under the Layers tab in the body HUD to see your tattoos:

image.png.9f027d73beb58ec329db56c9a628623e.png

• Like 2

Slink Redux only works with system layer tattoos (inventory icon is a 'pink dragon tattoo'). Slink Classic requires Omega to be installed before Omega tattoos will work. There are two types of Omega: relay and installer. Relay needs to be worn every time you want to apply an Omega applier, installer needs to be worn once and clicked to install Omega capability into the body. Slink needs the Omega installer. You then also need to toggle the correct layer, as detailed by Eddy, above.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1310 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.