Why does this happen from time to time?

Jaide Beck

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

2 hours ago, Jaide Beck said:

Why do my plants turn out like this every maybe 2 months, or something. I had them how I wanted and now I have to rezz them again and rezz new ones. :/ I'm sure glad they are not transfer only.

Ty for your help,

Jaide Beck

0000 jaide_040.png

Ah, I've been seeing this happen more often this last year. Plants, trees, grass, suddenly become photo boxes. Yes, it can be a corruption in your cache, but it also can be a issue with the sim not creating the object properly or saved the data wrong, and even restarting the sim they always come back corrupted like this. You of course will want other people to view the object to check if they see this corruption too. Try taking the object and rezzing it in a sandbox or in another sim with another person to see if it rezzes in the same corrupted state.

Read this thread to see how this old bug can be fixed:  

• Like 4

I change my Linden Home a lot, sometimes there are plants, sometimes there are not.

A while ago when I had plants I had it happen to me too, but what I did was NOT rez new plants, but edit the face of the incorrectly displayed texture, change the transparency mode to "mask" and adjust the value until the flower looked good again. 

Of course, this only works if your plants are modifiable, but if they are, then this could save you from having to rez your plants every so often.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1336 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.