Stopping autoclose window.

Brat Spicy

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Idk if in right forum, but I have a window that auto close. I don't want my window to close. It copy/mod, so I can delete the script, but then the window has to stay open or closed. How I fix this?

I just want to be able to click it open or close it by my touch.

Thanks.

What sort of window?   A dialog menu?  If that's the case, then your script will need to issue a second llDialog statement when it receives a response to the current one.  That is, you have a llDialog statement in a touch_start event, perhaps, that looks like 

llDialog(kAv, "\n Pick one of these options...", list_of_options, iChan);

Then in the listen event that receives the response, you have something like

listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string message)
{
    integer idx = llListFindList(list_of_options,[message]);
    if ( ~idx)
    {
        // A bunch of things to do for each value of idx ...
        llDialog(kAv, "\n Pick one of these options...", list_of_options, iChan);   // So this is what you have to add to keep the dialog open
    }
}

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

If the script is no-modify, you cannot change its behavior and will have to write your own.

Yes, lol. I just looked and opened the script. Says no permission. Can I delete the original script and put a random open/close script in there? Or that not how it works?

2 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

What sort of window?   A dialog menu?  If that's the case, then your script will need to issue a second llDialog statement when it receives a response to the current one.  That is, you have a llDialog statement in a touch_start event, perhaps, that looks like 

llDialog(kAv, "\n Pick one of these options...", list_of_options, iChan);

Then in the listen event that receives the response, you have something like

listen (integer channel, string name, key id, string message)
{
    integer idx = llListFindList(list_of_options,[message]);
    if ( ~idx)
    {
        // A bunch of things to do for each value of idx ...
        llDialog(kAv, "\n Pick one of these options...", list_of_options, iChan);   // So this is what you have to add to keep the dialog open
    }
}

Window says nothing. Just the little hand shows when on the window, you click and it opens. Great, but after 10 seconds it close again.

5 minutes ago, iBrat said:

Yes, lol. I just looked and opened the script. Says no permission. Can I delete the original script and put a random open/close script in there? Or that not how it works?

Ideally yes, but it really depends, at the very least the script will need a couple of informations: Which prim to move (if it isn't the root), what is the open position and what is the closed position.

Edited by Kyrah Abattoir
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, KT Kingsley said:

This short auto-close delay does seem a bit off, so I can't help wondering if there's there some sort of configuration option, like an editable notecard or some text in the description.

Yes, I though same. A door I get, but a window? What is the point in opening it to begin with then? I shall look closer for a notecard or any info.

Edit. Reopened the original. Nothing... Well idk.

Edited by iBrat

Oh THAT kind of window!  I'd be very surprised if you could just drop some generic door/window script in there and get the window to open and close properly.  That's one of the most common scripting tasks and it almost always involves some amount of customization because windows and doors open lots of different ways.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Oh THAT kind of window!  I'd be very surprised if you could just drop some generic door/window script in there and get the window to open and close properly.  That's one of the most common scripting tasks and it almost always involves some amount of customization because windows and doors open lots of different ways.

Yup lmao. I HAD to try. Two scripts I added and nothing happend. Was unable to click it after. 3th script I putted made my trailer fly? The window opened though, sideways...🤣 So I ended up just open the windows I wanted open and delete the script all together. Guess I will have a summer and winter copy...

11 hours ago, iBrat said:

Yes, I though same. A door I get, but a window? What is the point in opening it to begin with then? I shall look closer for a notecard or any info.

It's obviously a door script and the one who renamed it forgot it or is too clueless to take out the close function. 😎
If you ever want to have done something right you have to do it yourself.

There are many door scripts around but they all make some assumptions about hinge/axis/linked  so most probably require some changes. Nearly all door scripts have an autoclose so that needs to be taken out or deactivated too. Need to change the door-sound too. If you can find a window script that will save some work. Maybe hire someone that taylors a script to your window.

Edited by Nova Convair
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1353 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.