Why LL doesn't change the parcel settings to secure it after the removal of griefing.?

MeshPromo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

There is an open parcel next to my mainland parcel. That neighbor parcel settings as follows.

be67de411b43eab11a098303e68ccdd4.png

f0df03c05345f7beb790563ee5a01979.png

A few days ago a griefer put some griefing tool to spam particles which caused entire sim getting heavy lag. (This image is shown very lesser particles as I used reduced particle view. With typical particle view, anyone get crash.)

griefer.jpg

After sending an abuse report and support ticket, it took around two days for LL to remove it.

Today when I check that land, the settings as the same. It is still open for anyone to rez and keep stuff.

Also, the griefer is not banned. So I'll not surprise if the same griefer returns there and puts it again. If not someone else might grief in there.

I tried to contact the parcel owner few weeks ago using a notecard message, and even yesterday to tell him to keep it more secure, but he didn't reply. I also informed LL about that.

So I'm wondering why those so-called "expert LL team" can't use common sense and uncheck "build" and "object entry" for everyone, in the "about land options" window?

If any LL employee wants to find that parcel, you can check my support ticket #1579853. I don't mention the parcel location here as it invites more griefers.

Edited by MeshPromo

14 minutes ago, MeshPromo said:

There is an open parcel next to my mainland parcel. That neighbor parcel settings as follows.

be67de411b43eab11a098303e68ccdd4.png

f0df03c05345f7beb790563ee5a01979.png

A few days ago a griefer put some griefing tool to spam particles which caused entire sim getting heavy lag. (This image is shown very lesser particles as I used reduced particle view. With typical particle view, anyone get crash.)

griefer.jpg

After sending an abuse report and support ticket, it took around two days for LL to remove it.

Today when I check that land, the settings as the same. It is still open for anyone to rez and keep stuff.

Also, the griefer is not banned. So I'll not surprise if the same griefer returns there and puts it again. If not someone else might grief in there.

I tried to contact the parcel owner few weeks ago using a notecard message, and even yesterday to tell him to keep it more secure, but he didn't reply. I also informed LL about that.

So I'm wondering why those so-called "expert LL team" can't use common sense and uncheck "build" and "object entry" for everyone, in the "about land options" window?

If any LL employee wants to find that parcel, you can check my support ticket #1579853. I don't mention the parcel location here as it invites more griefers.

There are no rules on mainland other than TOS violations. This is both good and bad news.  Each parcel owner has the right to set their parcel any way they want -- also good and bad news. 

It has always been this way on mainland.  I can't see it ever changing. So maybe moving to a more structured area (Linden Homes or Private rentals) is what you need to do. 

Honestly griefing is NOTHING like it was over a decade ago. That we can be thankful for.  

PS. The person owning the land next to yours may never come inworld or participate in SL any longer. There are plenty of plots in that category, so not hearing back isn't that unusual.  OR they may simply not care.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MeshPromo said:

Welllll....

The owner has decided that anybody should be allowed to rez whatever they like on their parcel. That includes you.

Of course, I'm not going to suggest you fill up that parcel to capacity with invisible phantom prims (or maybe some good looking vegetation and stuff instead) so griefers can't use it anymore. But technically, you are allowed and only the parcel owner has the right to stop you.

Edited by ChinRey
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ChinRey said:

Welllll....

The parcel has decided that anybody should be allowed to rez whatever they like on their parcel. That includes you.

Of course, I'm not going to suggest you fill up that parcel to capacity with invisible phantom prims (or maybe some good looking vegetation and stuff instead) so griefers can't use it anymore. But technically, you are allowed and only the parcel owner has the right to stop you.

Really useful reply. Thanks a lot.

• Like 4

If the griefers keep coming back... exhausted lindens will, when their bosses aren't looking, change the parcel's permissions.

I've seen that occur a few times - at least with land owners that are 'no longer active but still paying for the plot'.

Otherwise, I actually do recommend filling the parcel with a few hundred unscripted, untextured/default texture square prims up around 4096m in height... or... at least 200m from any existing neighbor'ss build (if a neighbor happens to have a skybox near 4096m, don't do it there).

Any landowner can very quickly remove all the items on their parcel owned by any specific name - and if they've left perms open you are not violating any rules filling up the spot.

I've actually used a few alts over the years to put prims on the land of 'long missing people'. My longest running of those is a few prims that, last time I looked, had been there for about 8 years... and were set up to 'logically connect some floating things' to a platform... as in they had some chairs and such a few meters off the ground by a roadside, I put a platform under it...

- But I've also done that to fill up a few griefer plots - and some of those lasted for quite some time until the land changed to 'abandoned'...

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1339 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.