Objects with glow now with Jagged edges where it wasnt earlier

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I dont know how, or what caused this but any insight will be helpful. One of my objects has a glow effect and for some odd reason i looked at them again an hour 3 later and its definitely not normal SL Glow, and as you see the glow is at 22, it appears its only reading the full bright but as if the Glow effects are disabled. any help would be truly appreciated 

bsbsbsb_001.png

svbssb.png

You say your glow is at 22. It is actually at 0.22 which is "nothing" really.   If you can, just turn the glow up.  Can't think of why that would happen if you didn't touch it :D.      Cube on the right at 22.   This is using the Firestorm viewer. 

image.thumb.png.76e117f3ab0f1750e1c4399ebe949f08.png

I can't reproduce it either. I thought maybe it had something to do with EEP but here's a test using the standard viewer. This is fullbright, glow 0.22, default blank texture and a tint similar to yours:

bilde.thumb.png.9bb3928488bdbc4f4ef5a59d35b98a41.png

I do get jagged edges when the object is selected, like in your second picture but that is only to be expected and shouldn't matter.

My test object is a hollow prim, not a mesh, but I can't see how that can make a difference either.

ALM doesn't make any difference and I think we can rule out changes in the anti-aliasing settings too since that would have affected all objects in the scene.

Does the problem persist after you relog?

If you're on Firestorm:

1. Alt-P (Phototools)
  2. "DoF/Glow" tab
  3. Click the "D" (default) button on everything under Glow Settings

This sounds like the third time someone posts about this issue in recent memory.

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

You say your glow is at 22. It is actually at 0.22 which is "nothing" really.

0.22 = 22(%). That's a lot of glow, not "nothing." It gets even more intense during default "midday" windlight. It's the least bright during the night because glow is affected by the emissiveness of the surface, and the surface shown in the OP is fullbright.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Thanks 2

20 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

If you're on Firestorm:

1. Alt-P (Phototools)
  2. "DoF/Glow" tab
  3. Click the "D" (default) button on everything under Glow Settings

This sounds like the third time someone posts about this issue in recent memory.

0.22 = 22(%). That's a lot of glow, not "nothing." It gets even more intense during default "midday" windlight. It's the least bright during the night because glow is affected by the emissiveness of the surface, and the surface shown in the OP is fullbright.

The issue observed here happens when Glow Width is set to quite low values (sub 1.0)

Example of width 0.1:

image.png.1d1df2e2a9961cf7a7edc70a439cfc75.png

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, NiranV Dean said:

The issue observed here happens when Glow Width is set to quite low values (sub 1.0)

Example of width 0.1:

image.png.1d1df2e2a9961cf7a7edc70a439cfc75.png

Yes, I know. I play with glow settings a lot.

But if a random user had been tweaking them (or they get randomly changed for some unlikely reason), it's easier to just guide them to set everything to default. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

Yes, I know. I play with glow settings a lot.

But if a random user had been tweaking them (or they get randomly changed for some unlikely reason), it's easier to just guide them to set everything to default. 

I'm not a fan of the nuclear option unless its absolutely necessary

• Like 2

your a damn genius, that was it, the D for default, it was genius, that damn for sure worked, i was using photo tools and messed with settings and knew i did but had forgotten. amazing, thanks a ton. everyone else i truly appreciate the effort in helping me. thanks a ton. G, i mean the only issue i wasn't able to solve was the AMD graphics card bug where my edit menu had like a buncha lines 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1452 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.