Pay land fees ahead

DaleIrata2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

How can I pay my land fees a couple of months in advance?  This is with my US$ credit card on file, not with L$.  I want to make sure the money is there and that it will be used for this purpose (there are never any other payments from my US$ account except the annual membership fee).

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, DaleIrata2 said:

How can I pay my land fees a couple of months in advance?  This is with my US$ credit card on file, not with L$.  I want to make sure the money is there and that it will be used for this purpose (there are never any other payments from my US$ account except the annual membership fee).

Best I know, you cannot - because there is really no guarantee of what those land fees will be until the end of each month.  LL does not know for sure that you will not increase or decrease your land holdings.  

However, what you can do is create a 'Buy L$' order for a crazy buy exchange rate that will not be filled.  That will cause the order to sit in your Open Order section of your Lindex History.  You can then cancel the order and the US $ will go into your USD Balance and just sit there until LL needs to use it for charges --- LL always uses any USD balance first, before your payment method, when it charges you for stuff.

i.e. Use the right side of the Buy screen and give it an exchange rate of L$500 and in the US $ field, put in however much money you want to have pulled from your payment method to save for upcoming charges.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 3

LittleMe's trick works splendidly.

However, if your payment method is a credit card, why bother?  LL will just charge it each month, when your tier comes due.  You may also avoid paying the $1.49 transaction fee for buying $L, although I'm not sure this is charged in the case of a cancelled limit buy .

Edited by Lindal Kidd

17 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Best I know, you cannot - because there is really no guarantee of what those land fees will be until the end of each month.  LL does not know for sure that you will not increase or decrease your land holdings.  

However, what you can do is create a 'Buy L$' order for a crazy buy exchange rate that will not be filled.  That will cause the order to sit in your Open Order section of your Lindex History.  You can then cancel the order and the US $ will go into your USD Balance and just sit there until LL needs to use it for charges --- LL always uses any USD balance first, before your payment method, when it charges you for stuff.

i.e. Use the right side of the Buy screen and give it an exchange rate of L$500 and in the US $ field, put in however much money you want to have pulled from your payment method to save for upcoming charges.

Thanks!  That should work for me.  (I want to go OFF autopay for a while, but make sure I'm covered for, say, 3 months.)

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1403 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.