Starter avatar Animations and Firestorm AO

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi! I hope this is the correct subforum.
I want to use the female sitting animation from the starter avatars with the build in Firestorm AO, but everytime I sit down my avatar bends forward, spreads it's legs and it's hands dive into the legs. Does anybody know what might cause this issue and how to prevent it? I have no problems with other sitting animations, taking everything off doesn't change anyting, uncheking Smart-Modus doesn't work either but using the starter avatars AO and running the animation on it's own works fine.

Left picture is how it looks like using Firestroms AO and the right picture is how it's supposed to look like

Sit.png

Edited by xSkadi
Typo

31 minutes ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

I'm inclined to blame the "Smart-Modus" in the Firestorm AO. Gibt's dasselbe Ergebnis ohne das Häkchen bei der Option?

Unchecking Smart-Modus doesn't make a difference. My avatar is sitting on a plain textured prim cube in the pictures, so there aren't any animations that could conflict with my AO to begin with. Same issue appears when I rezz a prim cube. And I just found out that it doesn't even work when I put this animation into an Oracul AO. O.o

Edited by xSkadi

1 hour ago, Nova Convair said:

It sounds like this animation has a low priority and does not get to play.

There is another AO or something replaced the default sit.

To test things:
Try a sitting animation with a high priority
Get nude (everything) and relog, then try again

As I said in my opening post, I already tried all of that and there is no animation in a new prim cube rezzed with the building tool that could override the sitting animation. I even made a new avatar and logged in with my brothers computer who never had anything related to SL installed on his machine a few days ago.
Is it possible that Linden Lab could do something to prevent people from using thier animations for costum AOs? Can someone please pull the sitting animation out of the female starter AO and see if that happens to them aswell when they put it into the Firestorm build in AO?

Edited by xSkadi

31 minutes ago, rasterscan said:

Are you using a copy of the sit animation file, copied from library or ao, and pasted to normal animations folder ? Is that even possible ? Worth a try.

From AO. I also tried different female starter avatars.

Sit02.png

Edited by xSkadi

I can reproduce this & can see why it's happening.

• Developer -> Avatar -> Show animation info, will show which animations are playing on your avatar & the number at the end is the animation priority.
  • If you are using no AO & sit on a default cube, you can see the default sit animation is played, which has priority 4 (sit_female - 4)
  • Screenshot_4.thumb.png.b4d8762a0ed1cdc0fa1470ad72ab7c4b.png

• Then while still sitting, play the Female_Sit animation (that came in the Bitsy AO) from inventory.  Notice Female_Sit is only priority 3.
    Both sit animations are playing & they don't play nicely together & you'll see a semi-broken sit animation that's a mix of both sit animations .
  • Screenshot_5.thumb.png.e05a4687ad0b3571075e64966d212702.png

• Sitting while using the Bitsy Female_Sit animation in the FS AO shows both the default P4 sit & the Bitsy P3 sit playing at the same time & the animation looks like the same as above (with the head down when it shouldn't be etc) but the legs are also spread.
  • Screenshot_6.thumb.png.a1d43b6b1d3f15e877345291a1cda6e2.png

• Sitting while wearing the scripted AO that came with Bitsy shows ONLY the P3 Female_Sit animation playing. This is because the AO is scripted to replace the default sit with the Female_Sit in Bitsy.
  • Screenshot_7.thumb.png.513d18c91e949af2a01386a1d537ba88.png
  • Thanks 2

So I guess the tl/dr is that the Female_Sit animation that comes in the starter AO is only priority 3.
Because the default sit animation is priority 4, it overrides the starter AO sit & you get some odd effects when both animations are playing together.
The only reason the sit animation works when using the actual starter AO is because the starter AO is scripted to REPLACE the default sit with Female_Sit.

I have put this animation into my AO and I get this animation when I sit on a cube.
Btw. with no sitting animation at all in the AO you get the same animation because that's the standard sitting animation.

Everything is like expected.

(Running FS and I don't use the FS AO.)

Edit:

Just read Whirly
makes sense since my AO replaces the animations and don't overrides them.

Edited by Nova Convair
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

I can reproduce this & can see why it's happening.

• Developer -> Avatar -> Show animation info, will show which animations are playing on your avatar & the number at the end is the animation priority.
  • If you are using no AO & sit on a default cube, you can see the default sit animation is played, which has priority 4 (sit_female - 4)
  •  

• Then while still sitting, play the Female_Sit animation (that came in the Bitsy AO) from inventory.  Notice Female_Sit is only priority 3.
    Both sit animations are playing & they don't play nicely together & you'll see a semi-broken sit animation that's a mix of both sit animations .
  •  

• Sitting while using the Bitsy Female_Sit animation in the FS AO shows both the default P4 sit & the Bitsy P3 sit playing at the same time & the animation looks like the same as above (with the head down when it shouldn't be etc) but the legs are also spread.
  •  

Thank you!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

So I guess the tl/dr is that the Female_Sit animation that comes in the starter AO is only priority 3.
Because the default sit animation is priority 4, it overrides the starter AO sit & you get some odd effects when both animations are playing together.
The only reason the sit animation works when using the actual starter AO is because the starter AO is scripted to REPLACE the default sit with Female_Sit.

I may have asked this before (definitely talked about it, especially with NiranV), but why doesn't the FS AO replace default animations or why doesn't the FS bridge have the AO integrated if it's a problem with the viewer not being able to do the same as scripts?

8 hours ago, Wulfie Reanimator said:

I may have asked this before (definitely talked about it, especially with NiranV), but why doesn't the FS AO replace default animations or why doesn't the FS bridge have the AO integrated if it's a problem with the viewer not being able to do the same as scripts?

I was chatting with the FS AO developer about this thread & she said the FS AO is supposed to replace the default animations.  So she's poking at this to see why it isn't working.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.