Land purchase including objects

Phloc Shepherd

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Yesterday I purchased land with a dwelling on it. The sale document specified the land included the objects. The description in the About Land General tab still reads:

"sqm 512 ..      sqm 175 .. MAXY OFFERT !!!
water protect . land of privilege in sl . house including !!!
RENT : 500 ld ( wk ) for info contact : fotomodello78 bellios"

The seller in question has not been inworld since the purchase.  All objects are still owned by the seller and the dwelling is still advertised for rent.  I have left a couple of IMs but what else can I do to secure ownership of the objects and prevent people traipsing through my lounge room trying to rent the place ??

Phloc

3 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Phloc Shepherd said:

Yesterday I purchased land with a dwelling on it. The sale document specified the land included the objects. The description in the About Land General tab still reads:

"sqm 512 ..      sqm 175 .. MAXY OFFERT !!!
water protect . land of privilege in sl . house including !!!
RENT : 500 ld ( wk ) for info contact : fotomodello78 bellios"

The seller in question has not been inworld since the purchase.  All objects are still owned by the seller and the dwelling is still advertised for rent.  I have left a couple of IMs but what else can I do to secure ownership of the objects and prevent people traipsing through my lounge room trying to rent the place ??

Phloc

this scamming... or at least midleading kind of sales happen a lot, and isn't act on by LL, Land for sale with objects/landscape/house, is ONLY possible with TRANSFER objects. Many sellers who practise this, are silent about this last.
You can do nothing to get those objects in ownership.
But you can return it to the owner and buy your own.

36 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

this scamming... or at least midleading kind of sales happen a lot, and isn't act on by LL, Land for sale with objects/landscape/house, is ONLY possible with TRANSFER objects. Many sellers who practise this, are silent about this last.
You can do nothing to get those objects in ownership.
But you can return it to the owner and buy your own.

Thanks Alwin,

Confirmed my suspicion. Thanks for the advice. .

It's not QUITE as bad as all that.

If you're the new parcel owner, you can enter a new Description in the About Land window.  That's not up to the seller...it's your land now, and how you describe it is up to you.

Alwin is right about the little "gotcha" in the "Objects included with Sale" setting.  What that means, really, is that the seller is willing to leave the objects there for your use.  You can't edit them, or Take them into your inventory (darn it!) unless they happen to be Transferable.  If there are any of those, they should now show you as the owner.

If you eventually decide you don't want them, or they're taking up room where you want to place something else, you can Return them.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1400 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.