Creating a report

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I just have a question about when you report someone.  Posting conversation logs, or sharing conversation logs without the participants' consent are all prohibited by SL T&Cs so is it against the T&Cs to post them in a report to SL if you are getting harassed in your IMs or in local by someone? Thanks 

It is not against the rules to include chat or IM logs in an Abuse Report to Linden Lab.  However, LL has told us that they don't recommend it.  This is because it is very easy to selectively choose what parts of the conversation to include...or even to edit the text to make the reported person appear worse than they are.  So LL does not consider your logs in evaluating the reported offense.

LL has their own chat and IM logs.  If you include yours in your report, they are only used by LL as a guide to scroll their official logs to the appropriate date and time.

I will add that someone harassing you in nearby chat or in IM is not necessarily a violation of the Terms of Service, although it can certainly be very annoying.   The Block function is much more effective at dealing with this than the Abuse Reporting process.

• Like 3

So if I understand you correctly if I include one of my chats in the report they can look up the chat to verify what my report is about? I hangout on the social islands and we get a HUGE amount of nasty trolls their.. One the other day was marching around in a nazi uniform with a huge nazi flag saying such nasty things and swearing his head off then he started using a emitter with such disgusting images coming out of it. I am just looking to learn how to report issues like that correctly. Blocking them doesn't do anything for when they are attacking you or someone around you with a hud that throws you around the sim. Thank you for this helpful info :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HexonPsionic said:

So if I understand you correctly if I include one of my chats in the report they can look up the chat to verify what my report is about? I hangout on the social islands and we get a HUGE amount of nasty trolls their.. One the other day was marching around in a nazi uniform with a huge nazi flag saying such nasty things and swearing his head off then he started using a emitter with such disgusting images coming out of it. I am just looking to learn how to report issues like that correctly. Blocking them doesn't do anything for when they are attacking you or someone around you with a hud that throws you around the sim. Thank you for this helpful info :)

Yes LL has every log on their system,  so include what you can so the can go looking into their back haul :)

• Like 2

That definitely sounds like a reportable incident, Hexon.  Besides the AR, I would also Block the troll.  You're right that this does not prevent physical bumping, but activating a Movelock, or simply sitting on something, or sitting on the ground, should prevent them being able to toss you around.  You can also inform newbies you're assisting about these defensive tactics, or offer to help teleport them to a calmer region.

Edited by Lindal Kidd
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1391 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.