Group notices and settings

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Yesterday, the settings on all of my groups changed so that the group names were all hidden. At the same time, the dates on all notices listed in the groups' Notices tab changed to yesterday's date. I went back and changed all the groups so that they were showing again.

Today, the groups are still showing, but the notices now all show today's date. Has anyone else observed this odd behavior or know how to fix it? I use Firestorm, for what it's worth. 

ETA: Oops, I just saw that the time stamp thing is a known issue. I have not seen anything about the groups "disappearing", though. Are they connected?

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.59.42 AM.png

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

24 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Yesterday, the settings on all of my groups changed so that the group names were all hidden. At the same time, the dates on all notices listed in the groups' Notices tab changed to yesterday's date. I went back and changed all the groups so that they were showing again.

Today, the groups are still showing, but the notices now all show today's date. Has anyone else observed this odd behavior or know how to fix it? I use Firestorm, for what it's worth. 

ETA: Oops, I just saw that the time stamp thing is a known issue. I have not seen anything about the groups "disappearing", though. Are they connected?

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 9.59.42 AM.png

I don't stare at the Group Profiles or Notices much, but what do you mean by "the group names were all hidden"?  In the picture above, I see the Group Name at the top:

image.png.925be7e3f1118982075520b9c220aaeb.png

Is that after you changed things back or were you referring to something else?  

They do have a fix for that date/time problem -- I think it rolled to the RC regions, or some of them, this week -- THANK GOODNESS.  That issue has been driving me crazy - especially in the groups that send lots of notices.

34 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

I don't stare at the Group Profiles or Notices much, but what do you mean by "the group names were all hidden"?  In the picture above, I see the Group Name at the top:

image.png.925be7e3f1118982075520b9c220aaeb.png

Is that after you changed things back or were you referring to something else?  

They do have a fix for that date/time problem -- I think it rolled to the RC regions, or some of them, this week -- THANK GOODNESS.  That issue has been driving me crazy - especially in the groups that send lots of notices.

I mean that the little box "show in my profile" was suddenly unchecked on each group, and I had to go back and check the box on all of them. (As for the date/time, I found the thread that listed regions where the fix has been rolled out, and went to test it. It does work, so hopefully the rest of the servers will get it soon.)

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 11.03.51 AM.jpg

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I mean that the little box "show in my profile" was suddenly unchecked on each group, and I had to go back and check the box on all of them.

Ahhh, okay.  I've made a note to check that when I log in this afternoon. 

I didn't spend much time inworld yesterday afternoon, and don't think I paid any attention at all to the Groups window.  The Groups window is where I would probably notice it, since the ones that are not shown on my profile display in a different color than the others.

8 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Ahhh, okay.  I've made a note to check that when I log in this afternoon. 

I didn't spend much time inworld yesterday afternoon, and don't think I paid any attention at all to the Groups window.  The Groups window is where I would probably notice it, since the ones that are not shown on my profile display in a different color than the others.

That is where I noticed it. I opened the Groups tab in People because I wanted to check a notice in one of the groups, and saw that the names were all the color of "hidden" groups. Every single "show in my profile" box had been unchecked. Very odd!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Rider Linden said:

The dates on the group notices is a known bug (BUG-228696 and others).  A fix rolled to two of the Release Candidate channels yesterday (server version 2020-05-15T18:31:37.542403). 

Our plan is to roll that to the rest of the grid next Tuesday. 

There is a bug in the fix

BUG-228800 - Group Notices - attachment icons missing from proposed fix BUG-228696

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1436 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.