Textures-not showing color correctly

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I'm texturing a house in world and it is one color vs  what it's suppose to be. I know it's my sky setting but I thought there was a setting somewhere to change it so it could remain true to color even if a different sky setting? 

default sky setting: https://gyazo.com/6d530de8a94f10dbaf395324affa5e2c

current sky setting-what I have my land set to https://gyazo.com/423d1aee789151d7e4d40720a98d41d6

the first image appears to show the Sun position as Midday. The sunlight is being cast down onto the scene - top to bottom

the second image appears to show the Sun position as Sunset. The sunlight is being cast across the scene - left to right

which would explain the difference in visual color in the scenes

As far as I know this is the way things have always worked. It is also the way the work in our corporeal world. Colors shift greatly throughout the day.  You CAN of course set your land to stay at the same sky setting and as long as visitors agree to see that sky setting the look will remain the same.  Maybe that is what you are thinking of.  

1 hour ago, Chic Aeon said:

As far as I know this is the way things have always worked. It is also the way the work in our corporeal world. Colors shift greatly throughout the day.  You CAN of course set your land to stay at the same sky setting and as long as visitors agree to see that sky setting the look will remain the same.  Maybe that is what you are thinking of.  

That could be it.. but whenever I brought houses they stayed true to color even on my land from where I brought them... maybe I just never changed my region sky settings lol 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, beli Lorefield said:

That could be it.. but whenever I brought houses they stayed true to color even on my land from where I brought them... maybe I just never changed my region sky settings lol 

it may be that those houses had their walls set to fullbright... that obliterates colour differences regardless of windlight

2 hours ago, Emma Krokus said:

it may be that those houses had their walls set to fullbright... that obliterates colour differences regardless of windlight

It is also a horrible practice which shows terrible amateurism. Full bright should be reserved for items which ARE supposed to be fully bright, like lamps, televisions, illuminated art, and such items. Not homes, hair, shirts, trees and other items which would never emit light in RL. UNLESS this light emission is an actual and intentional feature, like bioluminescent plants, sci-fi themed clothing, or a house made of luminous walls, to name some examples.
Remember that different people use different windlight settings, and if you set an item fullbright, it lights up like a freaking torch at midnight, destroying the immersion of SL, so DO NOT DO THAT!

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1441 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.