My Edit menu is super screwed, It has UV like Lines please help!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

when i built my pc i installed firestorm and then all of a sudden my build mode edit mode, didnt look the same, Now its transparent, i can see thru all the walls of my builds, as opposed to before i couldn't see thru the structure and all i saw i was the glowy outline-lines of my build, indicating i was in build mode. Now i do not see the textures or anything all i see is lines of each object and its deff not the way SL was or i had it before i switched Computers ... please help  screenshot:  https://imgur.com/a/7wdpUeR

and this is the correct edit menu https://imgur.com/a/vPutfx8  no UV-like Lines  Please help Urgently. 

FOR BB.png

/me sighs

Oh yes, that old mess. There are two possible reasons.

The first one is easy to fix. In the Options in the Build menu, check that "Show Hidden Selection" is switched off. (And while you're there, check that "Show Selection Outlines" is on.)

bilde.png.ab90f5074696ef9f836d192286020292.png

I hope that helps. (The other possible reason is a bug related to some AMD graphics cards driver but if that was the cause in your case, you should have noticed long ago.)

Edited by ChinRey
Added picture
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, ChinRey said:

/me sighs

Oh yes, that old mess. There are two possible reasons.

The first one is easy to fix. In the Options in the Build menu, check that "Show Hidden Selection" is switched off. (And while you're there, check that "Show Selection Outlines" is on.)

bilde.png.ab90f5074696ef9f836d192286020292.png

I hope that helps. (The other possible reason is a bug related to some AMD graphics cards driver but if that was the cause in your case, you should have noticed long ago.)

yeah then it must be a bug on my graphics card, if so how do i fix that bug? and yeah i have all the settings you told me 

see? everything is fine it has to be a bug on my graphics card. any clue as to how i fix it? i have a 

Graphics
        Monitor
            Name    T27 on Radeon RX 570 Series
            Current Resolution    2133x1200 pixels
            Work Resolution    2133x1160 pixels
            State    Enabled, Primary, Unsafe
            Monitor Width    3200
            Monitor Height    1800
            Monitor BPP    32 bits per pixel
            Monitor Frequency    60 Hz
            Device    \\.\DISPLAY1\Monitor0
        ATI Radeon RX 570 Series
            Manufacturer    ATI
            Model    Radeon RX 570 Series
            Device ID    1002-67DF
            Revision    F0
            Subvendor    ASUStek Computer Inc (1043)
            GPU Clock    1280.0 MHz
            Temperature    45 °C
            Core Voltage    0.750 V
            Driver version    26.20.15029.27016
            BIOS Version    115-C940PI0-100
            Memory Type    GDDR5
            Memory    4096 MB
            Bandwidth    224.0 GB/s

dnaddff.png

1 hour ago, Jrosario007 said:

see? everything is fine it has to be a bug on my graphics card. any clue as to how i fix it? i have a 

Graphics
        Monitor
            Name    T27 on Radeon RX 570 Series

AMD did an update to their drivers some years ago that made them incompatible with SL and as far as I know that has never been fixed so the solution is to install an older version of the driver. I don't know exactly which one you need for the RX 570 though. Maybe somebody else here can help?

In the meantime, try to switch ALM off. It doesn't solve all the problems but it should fix the transparent editing issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jrosario007 said:

ALM Off? whats ALM ? and if so how do i turn it off? thanks a ton chin rey

In Preferences -> Graphics:

bilde.png.d4d0b20a15db22383bf80ec949a8a6c1.png

I can't guarantee it works, it's been a while sicne last we heard of this problem here so I may not rememebr correctly. It's worth a try though.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ChinRey said:

In Preferences -> Graphics:

bilde.png.d4d0b20a15db22383bf80ec949a8a6c1.png

I can't guarantee it works, it's been a while sicne last we heard of this problem here so I may not rememebr correctly. It's worth a try though.

your a fuc*king genius girl! no cap!, lmao (excuse my french) that did fix it but WHY in sh*t is it like this, i love my advanced lighting seriously..... >_< 😞

Errrm... fellow folks... how about trying the most current driver first before falling back to some extremely outdated crap from years ago, long before that card's architecture was even invented? 😵

The current AMD driver version is 20.4.2, released April 23. After numerous catastrophic releases in the 19x and early 20xseries, this one has addressed a lot of errors and fixed numerous crashes and blackscreens. So it's very well worth a try.

I'm not convinced, though, that there isn't some weird setting at work here...

Jrosario007, can you please check the Developer > Render Metadata menu if anything is checked in there?

• Thanks 1

On 5/15/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jrosario007 said:

its deff not the way SL was or i had it before i switched Computers ...

Did you BACKUP your Firestorm settings and then RESTORE them as the instructions suggest? 

If you do that you should have the very same settings (much clapping for the folks that added this long ago).    When you get this fixed (and I think it is likely a setting) then be SURE AND DO THAT to solve future problems. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Lillith Hapmouche said:

Errrm... fellow folks... how about trying the most current driver first before falling back to some extremely outdated crap from years ago, long before that card's architecture was even invented? 😵

The current AMD driver version is 20.4.2, released April 23. After numerous catastrophic releases in the 19x and early 20xseries, this one has addressed a lot of errors and fixed numerous crashes and blackscreens. So it's very well worth a try.

I'm not convinced, though, that there isn't some weird setting at work here...

Jrosario007, can you please check the Developer > Render Metadata menu if anything is checked in there?

Well everything was set back to default, and I deleted all my settings and of course I backed it up, all my settings pretty much tbh. And when I checked dev menu I had nothing checked either or. I mean Im a builder alot of these things I was kinda forced to know in less then 3 months (im still ew o the game I only haeve exactly a year) tbh so I wouldve known. but yeah I also have all my drivers up to date I believe, I will double check nonetheless but yeah im almost certain all are updated 💯

18 hours ago, Chic Aeon said:

Did you BACKUP your Firestorm settings and then RESTORE them as the instructions suggest? 

If you do that you should have the very same settings (much clapping for the folks that added this long ago).    When you get this fixed (and I think it is likely a setting) then be SURE AND DO THAT to solve future problems. 

Oh yeas I did ^ look at what I just posted I meam should explain everything I did. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1439 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.