Unable to Acquire an Experience Key

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am trying to build an Experience on my SL property and have started with a simple Teleport feature.
In order for it to run for people other than myself, it has be compiled using the "Use Experience" checkbox on the editor. However, that checkbox is greyed out.

I have tried all afternoon to get an Experience Key:

Firestorm Viewer - Avatar--> Experiences --> Owned --> Acquire an Experience

but that button is also greyed out. I also tried it on the Linden official viewer with the same result

I am a Premium User, I also feel like a Stupid User right now because I cannot figure out how to get the Experience Key I need to get the Experience started.

I know that I am missing something obvious - How do I get an Experience Key?

Any help would be appreciated.

You're doing the right things, so those step should give you an Experience key.  I suggest contacting Live Chat tomorrow morning and asking for their help.  When you do that, use your Linden Lab viewer to do the setup as they walk you through it.

3 hours ago, Musgrave Mondegreen said:

I am trying to build an Experience on my SL property and have started with a simple Teleport feature.
In order for it to run for people other than myself, it has be compiled using the "Use Experience" checkbox on the editor. However, that checkbox is greyed out.

I have tried all afternoon to get an Experience Key:

Firestorm Viewer - Avatar--> Experiences --> Owned --> Acquire an Experience

but that button is also greyed out. I also tried it on the Linden official viewer with the same result

I am a Premium User, I also feel like a Stupid User right now because I cannot figure out how to get the Experience Key I need to get the Experience started.

I know that I am missing something obvious - How do I get an Experience Key?

Any help would be appreciated.

See this bug report.

The fix is allegedly on former Magnum and LeTigre regions atm.

This is server versions 2020-05-08T19:15:39.541970 & 2020-05-08T19:08:23.541969.

Visit http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magnum Sandbox A/128/128/24

or http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeTigre Sandbox A/128/128/24

and try again there. You may have to relog into those regions too.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lucia Nightfire said:

See this bug report.

The fix is allegedly on former Magnum and LeTigre regions atm.

This is server versions 2020-05-08T19:15:39.541970 & 2020-05-08T19:08:23.541969.

Visit http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Magnum Sandbox A/128/128/24

or http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/LeTigre Sandbox A/128/128/24

and try again there. You may have to relog into those regions too.

Why do people tightly hold on to the ridiculous Zoolander pose names?  You post could have been shorted if you has simply left those out.

Oh bugger!  It's the sandbox names that still bear the ridiculousness.

Oh well,  carry on then!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Ardy Lay said:

Why do people tightly hold on to the ridiculous Zoolander pose names?  You post could have been shorted if you has simply left those out.

Oh bugger!  It's the sandbox names that still bear the ridiculousness.

Oh well,  carry on then!

What exactly is wrong with the post?

Problem solved.

I went to the Magnum Sandbox and was able to get an Experience Key using the regular process detailed in my original post.

It was a frustrating problem, but I found out how valuable the forums are, so all in all it has been a good experience.

Thank you all for the help.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1435 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.