Listing violations that are allowed?

Paul Hexem

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

4 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

*sigh*

I work during the day just like LL.

Maybe I'll open a JIRA to suggest that someone come up with some way us peons can send out questions and suggestions for the different teams since attending inworld group meetings is just not possible for everyone.

They'll probably just close it the way they've been closing mine.

21 hours ago, Dakota Linden said:

If an item is described as Full Permission and the buyer does not receive a Full Permission item in world, then the listing is in violation of the Marketplace Listing Guidelines. 

If an item is tagged as Copy, Modify, Transfer AND See Description, that does not necessarily mean the item is "Full Permission".

Example:  If I sell a product that has 3 parts with varying permissions:

Item A - Copy, No Modify, No Transfer

Item B- No Copy, Modify, No Transfer

Item C - No Copy, No Modify, Transfer

ANY combination of permissions I pick for the product will be wrong unless I use Copy, Modify, Transfer and See Description.  If I choose No Copy, then that is wrong since part of the product IS copy.  If I choose No Modify, then that will also be wrong because part of the product IS modify.  If I choose No Transfer then that is also wrong, since part of the product is also Transfer. 

But choosing Copy, Modify, Transfer AND See Description does not, in any way, mean that the item is "Full Permission".   

This is specifically why there is the option "See Description" available.  

When a seller chooses the See Description option, they now have the responsibility to list the various permissions on their content that is included in the product.  

The buyer now also has the responsibility to review that information to determine if they want to purchase a product that has items/content with those permissions. 

Eh no @Dakota Linden, your interpretation is not right. In the case you're describing, the way to go is to mark everything with the most restrictive permissions AND see item description because, as you say, parts of such listing effectively applies those restrictions. It's not only an ethically better conduct, it's also just plain more logical and it doesn't game the filter system in place for showing listings with their true permissions. If you look for full permissions items, what you should get is listings that deliver full permissions, while a listing that mixes permissions across items included in such listing doesn't really provide ALL of those permissions. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 4/30/2020 at 11:33 AM, Dakota Linden said:

Hi!

It isn't permitted. 

If a seller chooses Copy, Modify, Transfer and the item received is No Transfer, then the Permissions are wrong and the listing should be reported using the Flag tool. 

For example, if you purchase a shirt (single item) and the seller put Copy, Modify, Transfer as the Permissions and the shirt is received in world and it is Copy, Modify, No Transfer, then the listed permissions are wrong and the listing should be reported by clicking on the Flag this item link.

But not every product is a single item.  If a seller is listing an outfit (pants and a shirt) and the pants are Copy, Modify, No Transfer and the shirt is Copy, No Modify, No Transfer, the seller has limited options on what Permissions they should list. If they tag the listing as No Modify, then that is wrong, since the pants ARE modify.  If they tag the listing as Modify, then they are also wrong, since the shirt is No Modify. 

At that point, the seller should tag "See Description" and then list the Item Permissions for each piece of clothing. 

Some products have multiple items, all with varying combinations of permissions on them.  As long as the seller lists those permissions in the item Description for each part, then there is no violation of the Marketplace Listing Guidelines since they do list the permissions correctly. 

My support ticket was closed and I was told to just flag the listings. The listings are already flagged. Do you people even read what we write?

20 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

My support ticket was closed and I was told to just flag the listings. The listings are already flagged. Do you people even read what we write?

No they don't, I learned that long ago. Any support ticket I filed already contained all info in regard to what I did and where I got that information, usually KnowledgeBase, and their first reply is always, ALWAYS a copy/paste reply that points to the same KnowledgeBase articles referenced in the initial ticket. It ALWAYS takes at least a second reply to get someone to respond properly. 

ETA I suggest you to shoot the same ticket over and over again until they're tired to see it and in order to stop you from keep reopening the same ticket they respond properly. If you give up and stop replying, they've shunned the problem aside and that's good for them. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1

Follow up. Someone finally replied to one of my tickets to tell me to contact LL's legal department.

Hello Paul Hexem,

Questions about the Terms of Service and Terms and Conditions, including the Marketplace Listing Guidelines, must be directed to the Linden Lab Legal Department at the Linden Lab corporate address. 

https://www.lindenlab.com/tos

Linden Lab Legal Department at: (415) 243-9045; 
Linden Lab Legal Department, 
945 Battery Street, San Francisco, CA 94111. 

Which still doesn't answer much, but it's a start.

I'll probably be calling this week.

On 5/3/2020 at 12:04 AM, Paul Hexem said:

Do you people even read what we write?

yes, but LL never reads it the same as their clients do .. thats also why most solutions are so ...ehm... well , everybody knows.
it's like they have to use old inworld translators.. they get something different on their screen than originally posted.

"users: we want less spam in the events"
LL: we ad payment
"spammer ; we post with multiple alts now"
LL: we get money... it's solved
""users ; ehm...not really"

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1451 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.