Wanting to set up an isolated house

TerrinTore

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

So I've been wanting to have my very own little nook to call home here. I'm very new and don't really have the slightest clue on how to find open purchasable land. I know you get a house with the premium account, but I was wondering if you could build your house instead of choosing one. Or if there was any way to buy land so I can build my own house and stuff there. For my own little nook ya know.

Either that or have a place on a sandbox simulator, something like that. Just a place that I can test out meshe's and stuff in private.

Edited by TerrinTore

5 hours ago, TerrinTore said:

So I've been wanting to have my very own little nook to call home here. I'm very new and don't really have the slightest clue on how to find open purchasable land. I know you get a house with the premium account, but I was wondering if you could build your house instead of choosing one. Or if there was any way to buy land so I can build my own house and stuff there. For my own little nook ya know.

Either that or have a place on a sandbox simulator, something like that. Just a place that I can test out meshe's and stuff in private.

You can't replace a Linden home with one of your own, but you can choose to use the 1,024 sq m land allowance that comes with a Premium membership to buy a Mainland parcel (for an additional one-time purchase fee, paid to the seller).

You could also rent a parcel either on Mainland or on a private estate, and whatever rules the owner has regarding houses would apply. If you rent, you'd still have your 1,024 to use to purchase a home or get a Linden home.

Check this out for more info: 

ETA: One more thing to consider, if you want a place to build in private, you can always do like many of us do and have a build platform way up in the sky above your parcel. (Height restrictions will vary, depending on where you have your home.)

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You can't replace a Linden home with one of your own, but you can choose to use the 1,024 sq m land allowance that comes with a Premium membership to buy a Mainland parcel (for an additional one-time purchase fee, paid to the seller).

You could also rent a parcel either on Mainland or on a private estate, and whatever rules the owner has regarding houses would apply. If you rent, you'd still have your 1,024 to use to purchase a home or get a Linden home.

Check this out for more info: 

ETA: One more thing to consider, if you want a place to build in private, you can always do like many of us do and have a build platform way up in the sky above your parcel. (Height restrictions will vary, depending on where you have your home.)

Thank you! I'll take that into consideration. but how would you pay rent? would you do it with real money or could you do it with lindin dollars? Would I also need a premium account to rent stuff?

2 minutes ago, TerrinTore said:

Thank you! I'll take that into consideration. but how would you pay rent? would you do it with real money or could you do it with lindin dollars? Would I also need a premium account to rent stuff?

You do not need a Premium account to rent a parcel. As for rent payment, you'd need to discuss with the parcel owner, but rent is usually paid with lindens. 

7 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

You do not need a Premium account to rent a parcel. As for rent payment, you'd need to discuss with the parcel owner, but rent is usually paid with lindens. 

Huh ok, kinda defeats the purpose of owning land (in my opinion) but, for more information about the premium account, is it a monthly fee? most of the stuff talking about it doesn't mention anything if it's a monthly paid thing or not?

22 minutes ago, TerrinTore said:

Huh ok, kinda defeats the purpose of owning land (in my opinion) but, for more information about the premium account, is it a monthly fee? most of the stuff talking about it doesn't mention anything if it's a monthly paid thing or not?

I suggest you do some reading in the Knowledge Base from this point, since this is the Linden Homes forum and your questions aren't really about Linden homes. :) 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.