A Naive but Well-Intended Question

Elizabetha Eyre

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi, excuse me if this question seems very naive (especially having been a SL user for over ten years) but....is it possiblt to pay professional creators/animators to create 'bespoke' animations and equipment to order? I've often looked for such services but with no luck thus far...

Thank you

Elizabetha

3 answers to this question

It's possible, sure.  But beware the pitfalls.

• The first problem is finding them.  This may require some hard searching.
  • Once you've found someone, ask to see samples of their work.
  • The price will be high.  Think of it this way:  If a creator makes something and sells a hundred copies, she can charge one per cent of what she must charge a single customer to make the same amount of money.  Consider granting the creator the rights to sell your "unique" creation to others, it may lower the price.
  • Don't pay everything up front. A lot of people will tell you they will create something for you, take your money, and never be heard from again.  Pay 1/3 up front, 1/3 on seeing an "approval" prototype, and 1/3 on final delivery.
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Elizabetha Eyre said:

Hi, excuse me if this question seems very naive (especially having been a SL user for over ten years) but....is it possiblt to pay professional creators/animators to create 'bespoke' animations and equipment to order? I've often looked for such services but with no luck thus far...

Thank you

Elizabetha

Hi! Find an animator, check their profile and if it does not say "we dont make custom animations" then give it a try. But it will be VERY expensive! Think of making it yourself maybe :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1459 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.