You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi all. 

Can anyone running a 1080TI or similar with good frame per seconds help me out on the nvidea control panel settings and FS settings. 

I have an i7 8700k oc to 4.5 MHz and 32GB of 3000mhz ram.

I can easily pull 150-180 fps on GTA V on maxed out settings but in SL I rarely get over the 50 mark in Ultra unless I'm in the sky. I average about 20 in most places.

Would really love some help with this.

Thanks in advance 😊

The Nvidia control panel won't help you.

Saving numerous graphic presets within the viewer for easily switching will grant you much more control. Full bells and whistles for photos in your sky location. Reduced draw distance and avatar complexity for crowded places... it's just a quick selection.

See the numerous other threads about optimization - SL cannot compete with a "closed engine" like a game title. It's a sandbox full of unoptimized content.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Surely there must be more to it than just making a few presets?? If i cam a blank wall i get 20-30 fps. That's not normal. I have had bigger numbers than that in the past with onboard graphics. I honestly feel that I am not set up right for SL somehow.

On 4/12/2020 at 1:26 AM, Jase Uxlay said:

Hi all. 

Can anyone running a 1080TI or similar with good frame per seconds help me out on the nvidea control panel settings and FS settings. 

I have an i7 8700k oc to 4.5 MHz and 32GB of 3000mhz ram.

I can easily pull 150-180 fps on GTA V on maxed out settings but in SL I rarely get over the 50 mark in Ultra unless I'm in the sky. I average about 20 in most places.

Would really love some help with this.

Thanks in advance 😊

Open the NVIDEA Control Panel and check if set GPU to use your GForce.

NVIDIA_Control_Panel.thumb.png.57e34eac052822ede0f2d666f8f75702.png

Set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance

Triple buffering On

Be sure to click Apply.

I use Firestorm with settings as shown below with GeForce 1060 6G (GeForce Game Ready Driver 442.19) and settings between High and Ultra- normally with 42 FPS to 148 FPS, only in a crowded club/event I experience lower FPS.

20200412_preference_graphics.thumb.png.b4b9f3b761a6b1d2b21da35b25a9e21b.png

You should at least be able to get same FPS - performance boosts easy down with lowering LOD to 2 and set draw distance to 128 meters. I prefer the above  and normally has no problems and get good FPS.

Disable Shadows, huge performance hit - and only use shadows for photo session or in special circumstances to enjoy beauty of a given high quality region. Use and define presets to switch easy and fast .

Notice anti-aliasing 16! This is best value for GForce 10XX-20XX, lower values means lower FPS.

Edited by Rachel1206
Spelling
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Rachel1206 said:

Open the NVIDEA Control Panel and check if set GPU to use your GForce.

NVIDIA_Control_Panel.thumb.png.57e34eac052822ede0f2d666f8f75702.png

Set Power management mode to Prefer maximum performance

Triple buffering On

Be sure to click Apply.

I use Firestorm with settings as shown below with GeForce 1060 6G (GeForce Game Ready Driver 442.19) and settings between High and Ultra- normally with 42 FPS to 148 FPS, only in a crowded club/event I experience lower FPS.

20200412_preference_graphics.thumb.png.b4b9f3b761a6b1d2b21da35b25a9e21b.png

You should at least be able to get same FPS - performance boosts easy down with lowering LOD to 2 and set draw distance to 128 meters. I prefer the above  and normally has no problems and get good FPS.

Disable Shadows, huge performance hit - and only use shadows for photo session or in special circumstances to enjoy beauty of a given high quality regions. Use and define presets to switch easy and fast .

Notice anti-aliasing 16! This is best value for GForce 10XX-20XX, lower values means lower FPS.

Thank you so much, this is the kind of information I was looking for. I will try these and report back.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1475 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.