Any Newer Second Life Official Guides?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Clatherious Zapatero said:

I have the first and second edition of the official second life guide but I was surprised that i didn't find a recent edition? it's been since 2008 since a new guide has been out am I missing something? 

A new official guide would become obsolete in the time it would take to be written, approved and distributed.

Best to just use Search to find stuff... but I've found it's not always up-to-date. Otherwise just poking around Forum here is good too to catch thangs happin'in. 

Overall:    In SL.... the ONLY Constant, is CHANGE!!   

I know my pixels get scrambled occasstionally!!   🤪

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, janetosilio said:

Wasn’t the 2008 guide out of date by the time it was published too?

Yes it was. I bought it at the time and then found much better information in world.

Today, your best source of basic information is the Knowledge Base.  The tab is right at the top of every page in the forums.  Like that old manual, a few KB articles are also outdated, but most are kept current.  They cover a wider variety of topics than that old manual too.  

And then there are the in-world resources, like Caledon Oxbridge University and NCI and Brewer's Brewery.  They not only have their own tutorials but also offer a schedule of regular classes on popular topics like land management and inventory control.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clatherious Zapatero said:

i'm just a book in hand type of person but i know SL has had major changes i've been jumping on and off for years so it's like i'm learning it all over for the first time once i get back into it lol

I sympathize.  I prefer a book that I can hold in my hand too. I've been here for 13 years now, so I've watched all the changes that you are coping with now as they accumulated. SL is a constant exercise in learning, much as RL is. The big difference in SL is that the pace of change is significantly greater than in RL -- well, a lot of RL anyway.  If you blink or take a vacation for more than a few months,  you come back to find new features or potholes. Sadly, printed books can't keep up with that pace of change.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Rolig Loon said:

I sympathize.  I prefer a book that I can hold in my hand too. I've been here for 13 years now, so I've watched all the changes that you are coping with now as they accumulated. SL is a constant exercise in learning, much as RL is. The big difference in SL is that the pace of change is significantly greater than in RL -- well, a lot of RL anyway.  If you blink or take a vacation for more than a few months,  you come back to find new features or potholes. Sadly, printed books can't keep up with that pace of change.

yea i've been here since 2008 is there a good service or something to keep up with the big changes i know they have a KB and a wiki but is there an official changelog? 

31 minutes ago, Clatherious Zapatero said:

is there an official changelog? 

Here in Forums... Technology section, weekly deployments! Will tell you ALL in mind numbing details. 
Is best to watch all the regular forum “chatter”... if any major changes are happening, someone will be chatting about it!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1478 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.