Abuse?

Glory Silverweb

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Someone that I have blocked and along with many of this person's alt's keep sending me 1L almost everyday. Is there a way to stop this person. I don't want to interact with this person but this person won't leave me alone. 

Is there anything I can do besides blocking and reporting him. I might also add this person told me to kill myself.

5 answers to this question

There are a couple of things that blocking a person doesn't affect.  They can still physically bump into you, and they can still pay you money.

Some sneaky folks do that, in the hope you will send the money back, maybe with an indignant IM...and that will un-block them.

Instead, do what Lillith said...bank the free money and go shopping!

• Like 1

On 4/4/2020 at 3:47 AM, Glory Silverweb said:

Someone that I have blocked and along with many of this person's alt's keep sending me 1L almost everyday. Is there a way to stop this person. I don't want to interact with this person but this person won't leave me alone. 

Is there anything I can do besides blocking and reporting him. I might also add this person told me to kill myself.

@Glory Silverweb, this unfortunately happens far too often in SL, people just stalking or harassing others.  They honestly need to get a life.

I am really sorry you had to go through this.

Reporting with a screenshot of the IM is one way, but Linden Labs doesn’t really do much about this from my experience.

If he is sending you L$1000 at a time, there’s a strong possibility that there is a credit card associated with the account.  If he has made threats to your life or encouraged suicide, then they can track him to the card, among other things.

One time, I opened a support ticket for a stalker and had a mountain of evidence that was submitted with it.  I also added in the ticket that my business was on the line.

Unexplainably in a few days, the stalker stopped.  I don’t know if his going away had anything to do with the ticket, but it was quite a coincidence.

At the end of the day, if you don’t give a selfish or pushy person what they want, eventually they will go away.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1434 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.