You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I am glad I don't have renters on my sim. It would suck if I had to evict them. The company I worked for is not going to survive the mandatory shutdown of non essential businesses in my area and I am no longer getting paid. Sadly my sim is one of those luxury things that I will have to get rid off or find someone to rent half of it until I get a new job, have to offset my own costs. I would have loved for a Tier reduction for everyone but alas, we are never quite that lucky. I can pay, just not that much right now 🙂

Edited by Laylah Yaseotoko
added info
  • Like 1

On 3/15/2020 at 1:35 PM, Dreams Riler said:

Hi all, normally at Higher Ground Music Magazine, I focus on interviews with musicians/venue owners etc. I plan on speaking to some venue owners and musicians about this as well, but I wanted to find out in general how everyone is feeling and what you believe the outlook is given the coronavirus crisis.

Some countries are already on total lockdown, and it's looking more and more every day like that could happen in the US. I'm curious. When it comes to priorities, how are you dealing with land tier? I pay about $100 a month I guess in tier and then there's $100 a month for musicians as I only have shows once a month. That's roughly $200 a month give or take not including my premium membership and anything I purchase in SL. I don't know about you, but I have to seriously consider that it's possible I may have to give up my land until the crisis is over. If I am forced to shut down my daycare business in RL there won't be any income and certainly nothing extra to spend on a virtual world.

So, I'm curious... in places where lockdown has already occurred. Have you given up your in world land? If it happens where you live, are you prepared to give up your in world land? Will land owners be kind and allow us to keep our land and pay when things get better? Will LL let land owners keep their land free of charge until money is flowing again? These are all things I am very curious about. What say you?

You can read my inworld newsletters and the thread on General.

Answer:

1. No, I haven't given up my land business yet, but I have always tried to make it pay for itself. When it can't, it goes.

2. RL is way more important and if you are facing food insecurity then you don't spend $100 in SL.

3. LL should not be asked to reduce tier or give handouts because they have fixed costs, too. 

4. I'm at ground zero for the virus in Manhattan, immune compromised, 21 days in quarantine, difficulty in getting medicines and food. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Laylah Yaseotoko said:

I am glad I don't have renters on my sim. It would suck if I had to evict them. The company I worked for is not going to survive the mandatory shutdown of non essential businesses in my area and I am no longer getting paid. Sadly my sim is one of those luxury things that I will have to get rid off or find someone to rent half of it until I get a new job, have to offset my own costs. I would have loved for a Tier reduction for everyone but alas, we are never quite that lucky. I can pay, just not that much right now 🙂

My neighbor in SL messaged me the other day about renting his land as he is having to downsize right now. Of course I had to decline as I've just closed my own business temporarily. Not sure how long I can hold onto to my own land. Might have to pick everything up and start again when this over. 

On 3/20/2020 at 3:50 AM, Marianne Little said:

Or they did not know.

Or, it is as you say, they used it as an excuse to lower the price.

But who can blame them, I don't give up money easy, either. I am also so jaded that I can suspect people making up sad stories. I mostly trust people... until it comes to money. Then I am very, very suspicious.

Or they don't use automated systems that make all their business information available to one big vendor, and make them utterly dependent on that vendor -- plus lag up the sim and create more work having to check web sites.

I use an open source script that can be fixed and updated any time. I'm not a fan of open source culture. It's dictatorial and cruel to the extreme. It has a deep disdain to copyright which I do not share at all. Some open source scripts are helpful. I pay my scripters.

It might seem like a lot of work to make manual updates but in fact, it's always good to be in touch with your land and what is happening on it, not to mention the people who live on it, instead of running it like a giant Walmart as an absentee landlord.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1534 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.