did not receive purchased items from marketplace

yurei8

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

total was 29.36 and i wish i had written down all items and amounts down on paper.  i did not receive items and i refuse to pay for receiving nothing.  i made three purchases after this incident and those worked for me.  and now i can't purchase any more because i've reached my $100 monthly limit >>> don't know what happened...  do you?

3 answers to this question

If you bought the items from Marketplace, did you check the Received Items folder at the bottom of your inventory to see if they are there?  Have you used the Recent tab in inventory to look for things that have changed in the past few days?  Were you sure not to be in Away or Busy mode when they were delivered? (If so, they would have been refused automatically.)

If you bought the items from a shop in world, did you remember to click the dialog box to accept delivery before you teleported away from the region or logged out?

As Micha says, Marketplace and many in world merchants offer redelivery. If your merchant doesn't, then copy all details of the transaction from your Transaction History ( on your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Account ) and send them to the merchant with a polite note to ask for redelivery.

Hi @yurei8!

I'm assuming you bought these items on the Marketplace, and that you used $USD to do it, because there aren't any fractional numbers for $L.

If you look in My Marketplace > My Account, there will be a chronological list of everything you bought.  If the missing items are not shown, then perhaps there was some failure of the system and you didn't actually buy the things.  Double check by looking on your main Dashboard page under Account > Account History/Statements, and make sure the $USD transactions there correspond with transactions recorded by your chosen payment method (credit card or PayPal).  If there is some mixup, you'll have to take it up with LL Billing (call 800-294-1067 or 703-286-6277) and/or your credit card company.

For future reference, I strongly recommend that you never buy any Marketplace items with $USD.  Here is why:  When you use that option, LL automatically buys $L for you, to pay for the item.  Any time you buy $L, LL charges you a flat $1.49 service fee.  Let's say you buy a dress that costs $L250, but you use the USD option.  LL buys $L250 for you (about $0.94 in US dollars), and charges you $1.49 USD on top of it.  That means you have really paid about $0.94 PLUS $1.49, or $2.43 USD, over twice what the dress would cost if you bought it with $L.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1503 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.