Houses for the side of a hill

Stephanie Misfit

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

We've all seen those builds when we've been wandering the grid, houses clinging precariously to the side of a hill or cliff, making the most of hilly land. I've just never paid attention to who made them. Anyone have any great ideas for houses to place on a hill? I'm building on a grass hill on the mainland and I'd rather have something fit in with the hill than use mesh landscaping to make everything flat. Cheers.

You can use any house and get a deck and wooden beams to hold it up, that's what most people do. I stalk the building section of the marketplace and thus far haven't come across a true 'house clinging precariously to the side of a hill' so far. The houses I've seen on hillsides all have specific landscaping/use of mesh objects to give it that appearance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This house is free and fun to play with: https://community.secondlife.com/forums/topic/438436-the-non-linden-home-picture-thread-mainland-only/?do=findComment&comment=2023460

For the Marketplace, I haven't found many houses for hillsides. Maybe creators think that people can't terraform, or will not bother to terraform? It is all those private parcels that have terraforming turned off, like Fruit islands.

Roost's "Newport" and "Palm View" is the only hillside houses I have seen.

I only see people making a giant cube and place a house on top of it in hillsides. Or else they create a better look with mesh cliffs.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.