Jump to content

How to add music to my home?


VonWulfen
 Share

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Recommended Posts

Go to the About Land box and then to the Sound tab. You can enter a music URL in the drop down box (be sure to press "enter" after entering the URL). In the alternative, there are radios you can buy on Marketplace that have pre-programmed stations. 

ETA: You can look in that same spot when you are at a parcel whose music you like, and see what music URL they use. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Go to the About Land box and then to the Sound tab. You can enter a music URL in the drop down box (be sure to press "enter" after entering the URL). In the alternative, there are radios you can buy on Marketplace that have pre-programmed stations. 

ETA: You can look in that same spot when you are at a parcel whose music you like, and see what music URL they use. 

Many many thanks :) I have been trying to get one of the contraption gramophones, but alas it has been wasted time and cash. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Many many thanks :) I have been trying to get one of the contraption gramophones, but alas it has been wasted time and cash. 

There are some on the Marketplace at L$100 each.  Search for contraption gramophone.  Mind you, I'm not sure which one you want.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I gave in somewhat and bought a rusty white one.  It has a record but it plays about 2 seconds of a song.  Strange.

Just had a look on market. The automaton I like is 1000L and the morticians gramophone is not available.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ContraptioN-The-Journey-Midnight-A-Hundred-Becomes-One-RARE/19038323

But now I know I can check on market I don't mind waiting  :)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I cant find it in the store, do they have a second store for furniture?

 

Ah no, I bought a copy from the Marketplace while I was searching on your behalf.  I saw a brown version there as well but thought perhaps you might be looking for that shade.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I do not think they are the same. If you look at the picture, this one has no arms?

I looked at all the pics attached to the listing, and did see arms. Do they fold in and come out, maybe? I'm not familiar with the item.

ETA: Oops, that was another listing that had multiple photos. But the name is the same as the one you linked: "Midnight", so I'm still wondering if the arms fold in.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I gave in somewhat and bought a rusty white one.  It has a record but it plays about 2 seconds of a song.  Strange.

Unless you are setting the stream parcel, sound files in SL are limited by the platform to a very short duration. Longer than 2 seconds though:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlPlaySound

The limit is 10 seconds. But of course the person who uploaded the sound you're playing might have just uploaded a 2 second file.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I looked at all the pics attached to the listing, and did see arms. Do they fold in and come out, maybe? I'm not familiar with the item.

ETA: Oops, that was another listing that had multiple photos. But the name is the same as the one you linked: "Midnight", so I'm still wondering if the arms fold in.

Many thanks. I have no idea, but would rather not take the chance. But having thought more about it now I would also like to see these items in someones home, I would  like to see how they work and what music they play as you cant interact with the ones in the store.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Ah no, I bought a copy from the Marketplace while I was searching on your behalf.  I saw a brown version there as well but thought perhaps you might be looking for that shade.

Could you possibly upload a picture to see if its one of the ones I was contemplating?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, VonWulfen said:

Many thanks. I have no idea, but would rather not take the chance. But having thought more about it now I would also like to see these items in someones home, I would  like to see how they work and what music they play as you cant interact with the ones in the store.

That's a very good idea. If you don't know of someone who owns one, I'd suggest joining the store's group and inquiring there, or maybe one of the steampunk-type community groups like New Babbage? 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's a very good idea. If you don't know of someone who owns one, I'd suggest joining the store's group and inquiring there, or maybe one of the steampunk-type community groups like New Babbage? 

I shall do just that :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Could you possibly upload a picture to see if its one of the ones I was contemplating?

I'll take a snap presently.  If you'd like to see it in action you're welcome to visit me, though I shan't be inworld for very much longer as it's quite late for me.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1329 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...