How to add music to my home?

VonWulfen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Go to the About Land box and then to the Sound tab. You can enter a music URL in the drop down box (be sure to press "enter" after entering the URL). In the alternative, there are radios you can buy on Marketplace that have pre-programmed stations. 

ETA: You can look in that same spot when you are at a parcel whose music you like, and see what music URL they use. 

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Go to the About Land box and then to the Sound tab. You can enter a music URL in the drop down box (be sure to press "enter" after entering the URL). In the alternative, there are radios you can buy on Marketplace that have pre-programmed stations. 

ETA: You can look in that same spot when you are at a parcel whose music you like, and see what music URL they use. 

Many many thanks :) I have been trying to get one of the contraption gramophones, but alas it has been wasted time and cash. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Many many thanks :) I have been trying to get one of the contraption gramophones, but alas it has been wasted time and cash. 

There are some on the Marketplace at L$100 each.  Search for contraption gramophone.  Mind you, I'm not sure which one you want.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I gave in somewhat and bought a rusty white one.  It has a record but it plays about 2 seconds of a song.  Strange.

Just had a look on market. The automaton I like is 1000L and the morticians gramophone is not available.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/ContraptioN-The-Journey-Midnight-A-Hundred-Becomes-One-RARE/19038323

But now I know I can check on market I don't mind waiting  :)

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I cant find it in the store, do they have a second store for furniture?

Ah no, I bought a copy from the Marketplace while I was searching on your behalf.  I saw a brown version there as well but thought perhaps you might be looking for that shade.

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

I do not think they are the same. If you look at the picture, this one has no arms?

I looked at all the pics attached to the listing, and did see arms. Do they fold in and come out, maybe? I'm not familiar with the item.

ETA: Oops, that was another listing that had multiple photos. But the name is the same as the one you linked: "Midnight", so I'm still wondering if the arms fold in.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I gave in somewhat and bought a rusty white one.  It has a record but it plays about 2 seconds of a song.  Strange.

Unless you are setting the stream parcel, sound files in SL are limited by the platform to a very short duration. Longer than 2 seconds though:

http://wiki.secondlife.com/wiki/LlPlaySound

The limit is 10 seconds. But of course the person who uploaded the sound you're playing might have just uploaded a 2 second file.

38 minutes ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

I looked at all the pics attached to the listing, and did see arms. Do they fold in and come out, maybe? I'm not familiar with the item.

ETA: Oops, that was another listing that had multiple photos. But the name is the same as the one you linked: "Midnight", so I'm still wondering if the arms fold in.

Many thanks. I have no idea, but would rather not take the chance. But having thought more about it now I would also like to see these items in someones home, I would  like to see how they work and what music they play as you cant interact with the ones in the store.

57 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Ah no, I bought a copy from the Marketplace while I was searching on your behalf.  I saw a brown version there as well but thought perhaps you might be looking for that shade.

Could you possibly upload a picture to see if its one of the ones I was contemplating?

1 minute ago, VonWulfen said:

Many thanks. I have no idea, but would rather not take the chance. But having thought more about it now I would also like to see these items in someones home, I would  like to see how they work and what music they play as you cant interact with the ones in the store.

That's a very good idea. If you don't know of someone who owns one, I'd suggest joining the store's group and inquiring there, or maybe one of the steampunk-type community groups like New Babbage? 

• Like 2

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

That's a very good idea. If you don't know of someone who owns one, I'd suggest joining the store's group and inquiring there, or maybe one of the steampunk-type community groups like New Babbage? 

I shall do just that :)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VonWulfen said:

Could you possibly upload a picture to see if its one of the ones I was contemplating?

I'll take a snap presently.  If you'd like to see it in action you're welcome to visit me, though I shan't be inworld for very much longer as it's quite late for me.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1246 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.