Persistent griefer on Bellisseria

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

24 minutes ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

If you set a landing point and restrict TPing to just the landing point it can help to stop this (unless they're using a viewer like Firestorm that can over-ride such limits and know how to configure it to do so).

Something I have done on mainland in the past...

I set a TP restriction, and a landing point to a random coordinate in the sky.

I rezzed 3-5 black boxes - each inside each other... with the smallest on in the middle about 3x3x3m in size...

- and then put a 60-second security orb into that space... 😛

Of course this has a habit of catching yourself and your own alts anytime you forget to wear your own group tag... but... at least it kept anyone who was teleporting in or around from being a nuisance.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Pussycat Catnap said:

This example might have been someone AFK. Was it a recently acquired parcel at the time? Even if not... was it a reclaimed parcel? I've logged in long unused alts to find them somewhere on somebody else's land. The responsible person quickly leave... the not responsible person logs in and goes AFK and never realizes they're on someone's land...

Yes the first time the bride appeared was shortly after I aquired the parcel. Perhaps it became somewhere they logged in and out. However they never moved or spoke at all  unless they logged in just to chat in im and didnt bother about surroundings. Odd they dressed like a bride though lol

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elyeah said:

Yes the first time the bride appeared was shortly after I aquired the parcel. Perhaps it became somewhere they logged in and out. However they never moved or spoke at all  unless they logged in just to chat in im and didnt bother about surroundings. Odd they dressed like a bride though lol

Oh yeah if they persisted to keep logging in there that's weird. I had thought it was a one time thing.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2020 at 5:57 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Something I have done on mainland in the past...

I set a TP restriction, and a landing point to a random coordinate in the sky.

I rezzed 3-5 black boxes - each inside each other... with the smallest on in the middle about 3x3x3m in size...

- and then put a 60-second security orb into that space... 😛

Of course this has a habit of catching yourself and your own alts anytime you forget to wear your own group tag... but... at least it kept anyone who was teleporting in or around from being a nuisance.

That is evil...I love it. LOL

On 3/8/2020 at 5:29 PM, Pussycat Catnap said:

Cam under the floor and click there, and then the prims will push you up to the floor, or use jump to get pushed up. If you set a landing point and restrict TPing to just the landing point it can help to stop this (unless they're using a viewer like Firestorm that can over-ride such limits and know how to configure it to do so).

This example might have been someone AFK. Was it a recently acquired parcel at the time? Even if not... was it a reclaimed parcel? I've logged in long unused alts to find them somewhere on somebody else's land. The responsible person quickly leave... the not responsible person logs in and goes AFK and never realizes they're on someone's land...

Dang you are an expert on this stuff! Lolz

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Faydra Foden said:

Dang you are an expert on this stuff! Lolz

The real "jedi Move" doesn't work in Linden Homes:

• Build an attractive garden at ground. Moderately OK if you want them to look and leave, very nice if you want people to enjoy and maybe be social.
  • Build the 'real home' as a Skybox above 3000m inside of a plain black solid prim sized to the dimensions of the parcel (you will be inside it, so you see out, but nothing sees in).

People will tend to only visit the garden. Very few will ever bother to look for your skybox and those that do will realize it's private unless they're trouble makers.

This solution has saved me almost all of the drama about unwanted visitors that I see others post. In 11 years, I've have maybe a handful of rude folks in my skyboxes. Half of them were 'survey bots'...

Plus... you get a garden to emjoy... 😛

Some "griefers" are also just misguided noobs...

I've seen a friend to turn a possible griefer into another friend... they showed up in my garden and started shooting things at her store... but then they started talking about how nobody seems to rolelplay this stuff... and because they were just in the garden we started talking... And it was just a newbie who had thought it a good idea to RP 'fireman' in SL by setting buildings on fire and then putting it out...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1547 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.