Persistent griefer on Bellisseria

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Myzabella said:

Oh, ok! 😲

After all these years, why do I feel like a noob now? 😳 Wish I could use that when trying to get to the upper floor 'cause stairs in SL are killing me e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e time. 🙄

Pro tip: Cam upstairs and find something to sit on. Take it from someone who can't do steps, either. 😂

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Pro tip: Cam upstairs and find something to sit on. Take it from someone who can't do steps, either. 😂

Great idea, thanks! 👍 Until I know how to furnish the house, I will rez a prim upstairs to sit on - if I ever manage to crawl up there ... oh wait ... me cams up to rez a prim, hoping it will not go through the roof like the neighbour's furniture 😂

If you ever come across a house with plywood prims sticking through the upper walls or roof,  that was me trying to rez...

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

ignore, ban, mute, derender ..  go sit or use move lock
use your Linden orb, and hard ban (name on banlist) forever, not just a hour.
Do not approach wannabee police on Belli, they are mostly worse than the thing you want to prevent.

most griefers will be gone in a bit.. they come for attention and misery, if you ignore that they'll be bored very soon.
Never move or leave your home for such bastards

and sorry to say... not much chance LL acts on in in a reasonable time.

• Like 11

Something that will help with griefer teleporting is setting a Landing Point.  In About Land under the Options tab at the bottom right is the Landing Point options.  Position your avatar at the point you want anyone teleporting to your parcel to land and click Set, then under Teleport Routing select "Landing Point".  Or you could just select "Blocked" for Teleport Routing and anyone teleporting in to your parcel just dumped just outside.  Of course Landing Point doesn't apply to your own avatar so they can still pop around as much as you want.

1569422237_SLLandingPoint.png.39fa16fdb06a6ccadce7e508b5cda8ef.png

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, 93YearOld said:

Thank you all, have followed all your advice, plus hubby has told me not to abandon.

I tried digging a moat, and put things with teeth in... but I was worried the Bellisseria cat might fall in!

Granny please take all this great advice and give it a day or two and see if LL does anything or the griefer gets bored and leaves you alone! That is awesome about the blocked TP thing, LOL! I had no idea. You could always set the TP in at 4000M and that would be a hoot for that person to be falling falling...lol. I have TP'd into places like that, and there is nothing you can do but fall! 

• Haha 3

So sorry you're having griefer issues, Granny. I mute, block, derender and ban, then use move lock or sit on an object.  I've found ignoring griefers is the best medicine to feed them.  I also set any items in my home with sit scripts by putting a security script in them and setting it to group only to prevent them from getting into your home or sitting on a object with you.  Griefers are like ex's.  Just shoot 'em and throw them into the trunk of your car and move on.

PS:  Recommended not to speed and draw the attention of the traffic cop, you might get pulled over and what's in your trunk discovered. But just tell 'em, "So that's where he disappeared to all this time? And here I thought he ran away with the milkman."

• Haha 7

11 hours ago, Myzabella said:

Oh, ok! 😲

After all these years, why do I feel like a noob now? 😳 Wish I could use that when trying to get to the upper floor 'cause stairs in SL are killing me e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e time. 🙄

At the Bellisseria demo houses, Marianne Little's houseboat had a TP system set up to a skybox above, just a little circle on the floor that you click on and go.  It is on the Marketplace, called Auto-Configuring Teleporter, and it is a free item.  You would just rez one circle downstairs and one upstairs then voila no more stairs  :)  I have a lot of trouble with stairs too, walk into walls a LOT.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Malayaa said:

At the Bellisseria demo houses, Marianne Little's houseboat had a TP system set up to a skybox above, just a little circle on the floor that you click on and go.  It is on the Marketplace, called Auto-Configuring Teleporter, and it is a free item.

To save LI, i usually put my "easy teleporter" script into a prim that already exists in the build (doesn't matter if its linked).  You put the location you want to teleport to in the prim description, and set that prim's action to "sit" instead of "touch".  Anyone who wants this script, let me know and I'll shoot you a copy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

To save LI, i usually put my "easy teleporter" script into a prim that already exists in the build (doesn't matter if its linked).  You put the location you want to teleport to in the prim description, and set that prim's action to "sit" instead of "touch".  Anyone who wants this script, let me know and I'll shoot you a copy.

I would have used carpets to hide a teleporter in, I usually do. But I wanted the teleporter to be visible. I even put in a hoover text over it.

I think I am the only one with a skybox in the demo regions, so I wanted to show it's possible. I don't do relationships in SL, but if I did, I would feel the sky was more private for fun time.

So I set in a double bed there. I hope I set the animations to group, so nobody had too much fun there. I also put in a tub with RLV and some spicy animations. I tore out all animations from it, just in case. Don't ask me how a TV work in SL, but I put in the biggest TV I could find. I know some even look at movies together in SL. Don't tell me how media works either. My brain is full, it is not room for that information. 😑

Yeah, I know it is an illusion that it's safe up in the sky, but griefers are lazy and go after the easiest prey.

A teleporter can be set to group only too, of course.

Edited by Marianne Little
  • Like 6

A big thank you to all who put in great ideas and "stair cheats" and info on how to deal with griefers, I really learned a lot!

And Nika, I'd looove one of your teleporter scripts. Would be so cool to finally be able to stop banging into walls and rolling around like some drunken pirat. Cheers! 😁🦜

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Nika Talaj said:

Would love a copy of the script - sounds like a great idea.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LuLu Starbrook said:

This goes to show that everything old becomes new again. “In my day, there weren’t any stairs in houses. You had to TP from floor to floor.” I remember configuring a lot of home TPs in my early days of SL. I still bump into walls and stairs. That hasn’t changed. 😂

I still hate spiral staircases. Halfway up I start walking down.  Every time.

@93YearOld  Are the problem people still around?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

She was there last night, so I pootled around my place, but it wasn't much fun 😡

Oh, is SHE the grey blob? Have you tried totally derendering her? Don't let her ruin your fun! 

ETA: In fact, take it a step further: Derender all her stuff, even her house! Take your imaginary bulldozer and flatten that parcel so that all that remains in your sight are the lovely Linden flowers.  :D

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 4

Just now, Sylvia Tamalyn said:

Oh, is SHE the grey blob? Have you tried totally derendering her? Don't let her ruin your fun! 

She was a grey blob on my mini map. I use that so I know if someone is nearby, I don't always see local chat if someone was there to say hello. The times I've spotted later than someone talked to me, and I didn't see... I usually IM and say sorry.

Otherwise, she is derendered.

I wonder if this person is doing this to all their neighbors, hoping to end up surrounded by people who don't use their parcels?  Might be interesting to ask a neighbor or two.

Also, you know what would be fun here ... yes, I'm easily amused ..  llTeleportAgentHome. 

You could get a script that teleports JUST THIS AVIE home whenever they enter your parcel.  Zero warning, zero time elapsed.  Just step over the line and ... there's no place like home.  I don't know where you could get one (looks up and whistles innocently), but if you were to send me this avatar's name I might be able to find one.  Then lift the ban and see what happens.

Of course this is likely to be against LL's security orb policy.  Not likely that someone who's received ARs for griefing is gonna complain about it, though!  And it won't affect anyone else.

Personally, I would want this script to also count how many times this happens, so that when I touch the object it's in, it tells me (and only me) in chat.  Maybe, if the scripter who creates it (whoever that might be) feels ambitious, they'll put in the code from their visitor counter that lists the date and time of each teleportation.

(there is a possibility that this post will receive some attention from Governance, which would be all to the good, because perhaps they will take a look at your reports  if they see that the community is going rogue because multiple ARs have not eliminated the griefing)

😜

eta, ps.  I'll be inworld to send those TP scripts late afternoon today, folks.

Edited by Nika Talaj
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 3/6/2020 at 4:26 PM, Myzabella said:

1. How did that guy manage to get into a Victorian where you can't t TP into by clicking onto the floor?

Cam under the floor and click there, and then the prims will push you up to the floor, or use jump to get pushed up. If you set a landing point and restrict TPing to just the landing point it can help to stop this (unless they're using a viewer like Firestorm that can over-ride such limits and know how to configure it to do so).

On 3/6/2020 at 3:25 PM, Elyeah said:

The griefer isn't wearing a wedding dress by any chance? I had one in my houseboat just standing there in a wedding dress with bouquet. I don't use a security system. So I put the Linden system in my boat and she was ejected to the rocks outside my houseboat but stayed there. I just blocked her so it was just a grey figure but I gave the houseboat up anyway. People are strange.

This example might have been someone AFK. Was it a recently acquired parcel at the time? Even if not... was it a reclaimed parcel? I've logged in long unused alts to find them somewhere on somebody else's land. The responsible person quickly leave... the not responsible person logs in and goes AFK and never realizes they're on someone's land...

Edited by Pussycat Catnap
  • Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1505 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.