Persistent griefer on Bellisseria

93YearOld

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

What can you do, if you have filed AR's, banned the person, blocked, and muted them, but they still try to harass, and then go after other people in your group?

I'm tired of this, I've paid to enjoy my SL, but if it doesn't stop, then we won't be renewing our Premium accounts. There is more than enough bullying going on in the real world, I come in world to escape that. The other annoying thing is that once you have AR'd them, you can't send follow up messages to LL! This person had tried to get in to the parcel when my alt was offline.

😟

BTW they are not a new account so are well aware of TOS

• Like 1
  • Sad 12

I am sorry that this is happening, sometimes the best thing to do is just to ignore them and not give them the head space.  They are looking for a reaction, don't give them one, totally ignore them and keep ARing them.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

What can you do, if you have filed AR's, banned the person, blocked, and muted them, but they still try to harass, and then go after other people in your group?

I'm tired of this, I've paid to enjoy my SL, but if it doesn't stop, then we won't be renewing our Premium accounts. There is more than enough bullying going on in the real world, I come in world to escape that. The other annoying thing is that once you have AR'd them, you can't send follow up messages to LL! This person had tried to get in to the parcel when my alt was offline.

😟

So sorry this is happening to you, Granny. Are they still the same two people? Have  you collected proof, conversations, or snapshots, to add to the file? I always thought banning someone would stop them from interacting with you, but it seems I was wrong

Totally agree, we all deserve to enjoy our SL, so I hope LL deals with them really soon. In the meantime, you're more than welcome to stay with us (not the solution I know, but you might want a break)

Edited by Elena Core
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

😟

Ban them from all your parcels. Have all your accounts and anyone else in your group block them. There's nothing much they can do to you if they can't speak to you or get onto your property. 

ETA: If they are using alts to enter the property, I strongly suggest use of a security orb.

Edited by Sylvia Tamalyn
  • Like 7

Tell everyone in the group to block and ignore them.  Maybe even hide the group in your profile and tell group members to do the same.  Don't let the group be free join, if that is an option - and hide member names in the group member list.

Otherwise, all you can do is continue to AR and definitely totally ignore the person, since more than anything they really want a reaction.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

Thank you, have banned them, so have the other land users. There's a nasty little grey blob next to my parcel. I took a snapshot of when she tried to get into Granny's parcel then we had a region restart.

🤬

I live down the road from you, Granny. Want me to come be annoying? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

On Firestorm, you can permanently derender them as well, taking care of the "pouncing & acting weird when I go for a walk" problem.

Restrict sound to parcel, and if gestures are not a big part of your SL, uncheck "play sounds from gestures" in preferences.

Basically, we are giving you techniques to better ignore them.  Ignoring them is the solution.

Of course, in days gone by one could have gone to SLU, where naming and shaming was acceptable, and recruit one's buddies to grief them back. 

Harder to do nowadays.

/me pets the old invisible phantom box built by a linden that she trained to Warpos from mainland rez zone to mainland rez zone, checking for someone to come online, and send them ... um ... sweet nothings when they did.  Good times.  LL so much more careful about object entry now.

• Like 4

The griefer isn't wearing a wedding dress by any chance? I had one in my houseboat just standing there in a wedding dress with bouquet. I don't use a security system. So I put the Linden system in my boat and she was ejected to the rocks outside my houseboat but stayed there. I just blocked her so it was just a grey figure but I gave the houseboat up anyway. People are strange.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Nika Talaj said:

On Firestorm, you can permanently derender them as well, taking care of the "pouncing & acting weird when I go for a walk" problem.

Restrict sound to parcel, and if gestures are not a big part of your SL, uncheck "play sounds from gestures" in preferences.

Basically, we are giving you techniques to better ignore them.  Ignoring them is the solution.

Of course, in days gone by one could have gone to SLU, where naming and shaming was acceptable, and recruit one's buddies to grief them back. 

Harder to do nowadays.

/me pets the old invisible phantom box built by a linden that she trained to Warpos from mainland rez zone to mainland rez zone, checking for someone to come online, and send them ... um ... sweet nothings when they did.  Good times.  LL so much more careful about object entry now.

Thank you, hadn't thought of derendering, or the sounds. Will miss the waves crashing but can always get a sound thingy for the parcel.

I remember when we could push people off the cliff too...

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, Elyeah said:

The griefer isn't wearing a wedding dress by any chance? I had one in my houseboat just standing there in a wedding dress with bouquet. I don't use a security system. So I put the Linden system in my boat and she was ejected to the rocks outside my houseboat but stayed there. I just blocked her so it was just a grey figure but I gave the houseboat up anyway. People are strange.

Well that's downright creepy... 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

I just clicked the "Avatars on other parcels can/can't see you..." never had to use that before. 

@Sylvia Tamalyn thank you for the kind offer, just stay safe 😀

Are you sure? My alt is online and she's a kid avatar. Just sayin'!

(And before anyone takes that wrong, some of my best friends in SL are kid avatars... 😛 )

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

When hunting for a house at the seashore I had a Victorian inland for a few days about a week ago. I didn't furnish it because I wanted to let it go again. So I just stood in the entry hall and was in another window searching marketplace. When I changed back to SL there was a guy standing in front of my door staring at me and another one was next to him and suddenly inside the house. I had the door set to owner and that guy just went through the wall. While I was still debating with myself what to say in local chat, he started running at me and pushing me around. I used right click eject and ban. The guy in front of the door soon after that left. I then saw them on the mini map not far away but I didn't cam on them.

Reading all of the above and remembering griefers being mentioned in another thread I am wondering ...

1. How did that guy manage to get into a Victorian where you can't t TP into by clicking onto the floor?

2. Is that a group who has fun griefing in Bellisseria?

3. Do we encourage them when we abandon the house/property? And is that actually what they are trying to achieve?

I should have ARed them, at least the guy who pushed me. I didn't because I just thought 'oh well' at the time. Could I still do that after a week or a bit more passed?

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

29 minutes ago, Myzabella said:

When hunting for a house at the seashore I had a Victorian inland for a few days about a week ago. I didn't furnish it because I wanted to let it go again. So I just stood in the entry hall and was in another window searching marketplace. When I changed back to SL there was a guy standing in front of my door staring at me and another one was next to him and suddenly inside the house. I had the door set to owner and that guy just went through the wall. While I was still debating with myself what to say in local chat, he started running at me and pushing me around. I used right click eject and ban. The guy in front of the door soon after that left. I then saw them on the mini map not far away but I didn't cam on them.

Reading all of the above and remembering griefers being mentioned in another thread I am wondering ...

1. How did that guy manage to get into a Victorian where you can't t TP into by clicking onto the floor?

3. Do we encourage them when we abandon the house/property? And is that actually what they are trying to achieve?

I should have ARed them, at least the guy who pushed me. I didn't because I just thought 'oh well' at the time. Could I still do that after a week or a bit more passed?

If you remember their names, then yes, I'd still AR them. I'm sorry you had that happen too 😟

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Selina Heart said:

I'm so sorry that this has happened to you. I wonder if they're trying to get you to abandon your place? 

Whatever their reason, it's awful and if I can help in anyway I will. Bullies are the worst. 

That would makes sense, as both parcels are on the edge of the regions. But she now has her own, next to mine 😣 and she still tried to barge in. Looked kind of funny the way she was stopping dead against the invisible barrier (maybe she got a nose bleed) but even so, the behaviour is unwarranted.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Myzabella said:

Sending you a message on that.  Not good to give how-to's, even trivial ones, for griefing.

Dunno.  Maybe in LHs in general, figuring to find a greater concentration of new/naive residents in LH areas?

I would think griefers might be delighted to find they can chase people from properties, yes.  It implies they've exerted power over someone. They've been known to try that on mainland estates.

Remember, in SL, if you sit down, no one can really do anything much to you.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, 93YearOld said:

If you remember their names, then yes, I'd still AR them. I'm sorry you had that happen too 😟

Thank you, but no worries about me, I wasn't scared but rather kind of 'huh?' and I shrugged it off. It didn't affect me and I didn't post because of me but because I am wondering if there are people establishing that as a new game for their entertainment. We would only get to know that if we share our experiences. Also, I would only AR (yes, I got their names) were those people the same harassing others too. But if you need help or feel uneasy when attacked on your own parcel please don't hesitate to IM me. If I am online I would immediately come. Not that I could do much, but having another witness and company might be good in case things escalate. And I'm really sorry that you have to deal with that!

35 minutes ago, Milk Pixelmaid said:

Maybe she's just clicking the map to TP and accidentally TP'd into yours? It happens.

Yes, that happens. Actually to a friend 2 days ago and he was mighty embarrassed when he landed in a house. Luckily nobody was at home and I guess he will have a real good look at the map next time. lol But in granny's case it really doesn't seem like an accident considering the whole history of it.

1 hour ago, Myzabella said:

How did that guy manage to get into a Victorian where you can't t TP into by clicking onto the floor?

With Firestorm, I can right click the person dot on my mini map and then "Teleport To', which actually results in me on their head.

I can also click right next to them on the main map and TP to the spot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

With Firestorm, I can right click the person dot on my mini map and then "Teleport To', which actually results in me on their head.

I can also click right next to them on the main map and TP to the spot.

Oh, ok! 😲

After all these years, why do I feel like a noob now? 😳 Wish I could use that when trying to get to the upper floor 'cause stairs in SL are killing me e-v-e-r-y s-i-n-g-l-e time. 🙄

• Haha 5

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1500 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.