Oeasiz

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hey! 

I was so happy when I found the perfect Linden Home for me & my partner. Now my question is how do I give her full access to furnish the home? 
It would be amazing if we could make this our first home & decorate together, since she's definitely the genius when it comes to decor & furnishing. 

So, can anybody tell me if it's possible to give her permission to do this and how? 

Thank you! 

• Like 1

I'm thinking the best way would be to create a group, set the land to that group, and invite your partner to join that group.

Then, under the Land/About Land tab check the box that says "allow objects"/"object entry" to group only. That way you won't have random people rezzing objects on your land. Make sure she's wearing that group tag to rez.

Something like that anyway. I'm not in world right now but I believe that's probably the easiest way unless someone else knows another.

Good luck! :) 

Edited by RaeLeeH
To edit.
  • Like 6

Everything RaeLeeH said, and also, be sure to list her on your "Access List" on the house panel and then activate the list, so, she can use the "Redecorate" function.  Then, the only thing she wouldn't be able to do is to actually change the style of home from the mailbox.  But, all other functions should be ok.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Cimri Weston said:

Everything RaeLeeH said, and also, be sure to list her on your "Access List" on the house panel and then activate the list, so, she can use the "Redecorate" function.  Then, the only thing she wouldn't be able to do is to actually change the style of home from the mailbox.  But, all other functions should be ok.

Yep, forgot about that one, dammit! *lol* Nice catch. 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RaeLeeH said:

I'm thinking the best way would be to create a group, set the land to that group, and invite your partner to join that group.

Then, under the Land/About Land tab check the box that says "allow objects"/"object entry" to group only. That way you won't have random people rezzing objects on your land. Make sure she's wearing that group tag to rez.

Something like that anyway. I'm not in world right now but I believe that's probably the easiest way unless someone else knows another.

Good luck! :) 

I've never made a group before, but you've still been super helpful! I was wondering what this group thing was about because it's an option within the settings of my house.

51 minutes ago, Cimri Weston said:

Thank you! I already did that so that works and we're set on which house so no worries about a sudden change from me or her on the mailbox lol 

8 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

just as info for groupland
you can only "set" Linden Home land to group, nót deed.
With only set you will have nearly no group abilities enabled on the land, only a few general ones.

Sorry I'm not really understanding what that means, I'm still very new at SL so this is a whole new experience for me. How do I create a group, and what would that mean? :) 

2 hours ago, Oeasiz said:

I've never made a group before, but you've still been super helpful! I was wondering what this group thing was about because it's an option within the settings of my house.

VERY IMPORTANT bit about groups - two accounts are required otherwise the group disappears. You have 48 hours to get the 2nd account in, so it's not difficult.

Second very important bit - things can happen to even the most wonderful of relationships so it's always a good idea to have an alt account of your own in the group.

The official page:

Edit: Don't worry about deeding, just know that it's something that doesn't apply to Linden Homes. Info on setting up a group on the page above.

Edited by Bitsy Buccaneer
  • Like 2

Just now, Bitsy Buccaneer said:

VERY IMPORTANT bit about groups - two accounts are required otherwise the group disappears. You have 48 hours to get the 2nd account in, so it's not difficult.

Second very important bit - things can happen to even the most wonderful of relationships so it's always a good idea to have an alt account of your own in the group.

The official page:

Thank you so much for your help! ♥ 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

it's not to worry, but after a little time, the next question nearly always is.... why can't my partner...... so perhaps usefull to tell that upfront.

Thank you everyone, and thankfully it works now! :) Enjoy your day ♥

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1548 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.