Animation to trigger avatar physics

KT Kingsley

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Avatar physics is a clothing part. You wear it, then you will have avatar physics as long as that option is enabled in your viewer and the mesh body (if you;re wearing one) has that aspect rigged. For example, many, f not most mesh bodies have only breast physics rigged, others like Belleza and Tonic have all three areas rigged (breast, belly, buttocks.)

Once you have avatar physics enable, any bounce, sway, and jiggle will react to avatar motion based on how sensitive those physics settings are.

You can create your own physics by choose NEW->Clothing->Physics in your inevntory, then begin the months-long tweaking process. :) Or you can buy from in-world or Marketplace. My alt (Alyons Chernov) has one on MP - I am not saying you should buy it, but rather to see what you what it is that you are looking for, as there are many different terms that creators use for it.

6 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

Which part of the animation skeleton affects avatar physics?

Avatar physics are driven by collision volume bones, those used for fitted mesh. Breast, butt and belly bones on the female avatar work, on the male i think butt isn't active though.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, KT Kingsley said:

So I guess that means QAvimator is out of the question.

I suppose I'll have to dig out my ancient version of Avastar for Blender and see if I can figure something out. Thanks.

QAvimator will work fine. It's the rigging of the mesh body that has to be set. The physics then react to the avatar movement. Any animation that causes enough movement will cause the physics to react.

• 4 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.