Creators - Please stop boxing up demos on MP or built-in vendor

Levidian

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• 1 month later...
On 1/15/2020 at 2:28 AM, Omega Tunwarm said:

The only thing I don't like about boxed content is that you can't see the permissions for the box's contents before purchase.

Other than that (as was mentioned before) boxed content is pretty useful when it comes to backing-up your inventory, and thus I keep the boxed content inside the un-boxed content folder as a back-up. Could I use a re-delivery instead of using boxed content? In most cases yes,  but boxed content is already there in my inventory for my convenience and I don't have to go back to the marketplace or use a re-delivery terminal.

In conclusion, maybe boxed content is not your thing and you dislike it, but it has it's uses, so I don't think it should be condoned as a bad practice just  because you think " the box is unnecessary. It's only an extra step". Also, attaching something to your body/HUD isn't worse than rezing it, cause it's easy to add/remove attachment and there's no clean-up required. So again, this is a matter of perspective, and with all things in life there are pros and cons.

You make a great point.  Also... I don't know what happens when a store vanishes from MP and in world.  Can one still get re-delivery from MP if the marketplace store is gone? I would imagine that (especially if the person's accounts are also gone, which happens sometimes) there would be no way to replace things... but the box... is forever. 

I'm actually rethinking things.

I really like the folder delivery too... it's simple.  Especially love it in a store b/c i can just put stuff on and look in the folders right away without wearing the box or hoping for instant open...

But I'm thinking 'box' may be a better strategy for 'forevering' things and also as someone above stated, a box has all the contents the seller put there, undeleted by the buyer by accident.  I have reopened boxes of things that somehow vanished and been grateful i didn't listen to the 'neatness' friends who keep saying 'open box, delete box' because 'you never need it again'.  While there's lots in the black hole that probably should stay lost, there are pixel things i have been almost tearful to rediscover.  Goes double now there's BOM and my fantasy clothes are all wearable again.  Most painted on 'regular' clothing is junk... but some of the fantastical fantasy stuff whose creators have gone on to real life or died...  is utterly beautiful, exquisitely made, and I'm sooo glad i have the box.

Signed,

Now of two minds...

• Like 1

On 1/15/2020 at 8:28 AM, Omega Tunwarm said:

The only thing I don't like about boxed content is that you can't see the permissions for the box's contents before purchase.

Not only the permissions but also what actually is inside the box.

On Kitely Market you get a complete list of the content, including items that are inside other items. I don't expect SL's Marketplace to ever reach the quality level of Kitely's - Kitely is so vastly superior here you can't even compare them. But SL could still leanr a thing or two from its little sister and this is one of them.

Edited by ChinRey

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1367 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.