How load properly the landscape?

manoji Yachvili

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi guys...

While I wish all you a wonderful Christmas Eve I wander to know if anyone  have  suggestions about how see the landscape that surround my avatar.. I know that my imac is old and my web connection is the worst in the area where I live but may be there is a solution for fix it.

Thank you for any answer and cheers.

merry-2.jpg

I think you are asking about scene rendering. There are things you can do to improve it. Firestorm viewer has tools to help that the Linden made SL Viewer does not. But, both have the basics.

You can turn down the Draw Distance. For the example you provided (just above) 64m would work. For general outdoor scenes go with 128m.

In Firestorm enable Progressive Draw, Preferences->Firestorm->Extras->(Check box) Progressive draw... 

Check your settings (Preferences) and make sure your cache is set to the max size. Then avoid ever clearing cache.

In Preferences->Graphics->(tab) Hardware Settings->(slider) Viewer Texture Memory    set the value to the max.

Make sure your Debug Setting for RenderVolumeLODFactor is at 2 or less. This is tricky and needs to be set differently depending on the picture you are trying to take. For the example above 1.5 to 2.0 is good. For the opening post image 2 to 4 is good, but expect scene render to take longer. The Linden default is 1.2 I think. Firestorm's default is 2.0 and that is a controversial thing. You can get into the drama about this setting or just use 1.5 or 2.0 and ignore them. At 4.0 your are affecting others ()forcing the system to download more), so I recommend a lower setting.

If you are using Catznip Viewer... on some graphics cards it is slower rendering the scene. From time to time I benchmark viewers on scene render time. I ran into that in testing. So, try another viewer brand and see if that helps.

There are other drastic limits you can set, but they really degrade the visual quality. So, for pictures they aren't really helping.

You can use Graphics Presets. Make your own. Most viewers have them now. You can have a set of settings for; shopping, exploring, close photography, and panoramic pics. Make use of those.

1 hour ago, Nalates Urriah said:

If you are using Catznip Viewer... on some graphics cards it is slower rendering the scene. From time to time I benchmark viewers on scene render time. I ran into that in testing. So, try another viewer brand and see if that helps.

I find that Catznip renders faster than FS and looks better too.  Sadly I can't use it often because there are some features of FS I need for my sailing fighting ships in Pirate Role Play estates.  I suspect it depends a lot on your individual system which viewer works better.

10 hours ago, manoji Yachvili said:

... sorry for my awful english.

No apology needed. Many here speak English as a second language. We get lots of practice figuring out what people meant. Sometimes we even get it right. :) 

Also, many with English as their first language are incoherent and unable to describe their problem.

Happy Holidays to you also.

• Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1751 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.