You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello,

I am a skin and makeup creator within second life introducing a new store called IV. In this case it pertains to testing my partners’ (Boheme skin) body appliers & making sure that they correspond and match accordingly with my face appliers. If anyone is willing to take a moment to to and help me understand how to upload & display bakes on mesh compatible textures, it would be greatly appreciated and I am also willing to offer 5,000 linden to this person because I do have an event to set up fot (Unik) and my partner seems to be unavailable at the moment. Thank you,

Jean Freedom

IV SKIN

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IVSKINSL

Discord: Jean Freedom #3258

1. Create a system skin
  2. Edit system skin
  3. Replace default textures in the system skin with the custom textures
  4. Save

Done! You can now give away or sell the system/legacy/BoM* skin.

Note that these textures follow the SLUV standard, so you can use the exact same textures you would if you were to create an Omega applier.

*Whichever you wish to call it.

Edited by Fritigern Gothly

16 hours ago, carmensanderss said:

Hello,

I am a skin and makeup creator within second life introducing a new store called IV. In this case it pertains to testing my partners’ (Boheme skin) body appliers & making sure that they correspond and match accordingly with my face appliers. If anyone is willing to take a moment to to and help me understand how to upload & display bakes on mesh compatible textures, it would be greatly appreciated and I am also willing to offer 5,000 linden to this person because I do have an event to set up fot (Unik) and my partner seems to be unavailable at the moment. Thank you,

Jean Freedom

IV SKIN

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/IVSKINSL

Discord: Jean Freedom #3258

A skin is really very similar to an applier - they're "texture delivery systems." If you have textures for appliers for a certain body or head already you can use the exact same ones in a skin.

UV mapping, etc. will be exactly the same for a skin texture as it will be for an applier texture for that body/head. To see the textures on a body/head that doesn't have native support for BOM you can apply the special textures that the BOM system uses with an applier. In order to see them, though, the textures have to be part of one of the old "system wearables" - particularly the skin.

The first step in the process is to create a new skin in the inventory panel.

Now, wear that "new skin" and edit your appearance. Edit the skin and you'll see slots for the head, upper body and lower body textures. You can either select textures for these slots from the texture-select dialog box or (if you use Firestorm) you can assign them by UUID. 

The system will only allow you to wear one skin at a time, and any slots you don't assign textures to will show a very low-detailed "system" skin texture. The most versatile way to make a "complete" skin is to use your head applier texture in the head slot and use Omega body applier textures in the upper and lower body slots.

To make the equivalent of a body skin applier (i.e. it only has the textures for the upper and lower body and not the head) you can create a tattoo instead of a skin and then put the appropriate textures in the upper and lower body slots - for instance, Maitreya body textures made for an applier. Leave the head texture slot empty. This tattoo will then cover the skin and you'll see those textures instead of the skin textures on the body, while the head texture from the skin will still show through.

UV mapping, etc. will be exactly the same for a skin texture as it will be for an applier texture for that body. To see the textures on a body that doesn't have native support for BOM you can apply the special textures that the BOM system uses with an applier.

Edited by Theresa Tennyson

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1604 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.