Backing up a building

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hi, we need to move several buildings from one location to another. Assuming I am the owner, Is there a way to link all the prims in the building, and package it up as one object? Sorry if this is a super easy question - it's been a while since we've worked in Second Life.

Thanks,

Hilton Howard

You could always try using Rez-Foo, Rez-Faux or Builder Buddy. They're especially useful for packaging up projects that are too large to link together. Once you've placed the positioning script in each object [providing they're moddable], pack them into the rezzing box and rez your project at another location. All the objects will come out in the same relative positions.

Rez-Foo: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rez-Foo/1681520

Rez-Faux: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Rez-Faux-huge-build-packager-rezzer-Rez-Faux/125821

Builder Buddy: https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/Builder-Buddy-17-BOXED/1186658

note that box rezzors (rez foo, rez faux, jack-in-the-box, builders buddy) all require that you have modify permissions (each object gets a script added)

you can pick up multiple items together by selecting them all and using the "take" right click option. I don't recommend exceeding 256 prims this way, and be very careful when re-rezzing them, especially near property/region borders.

also in general I recommend taking a copy of all copyable items, just in case

• Like 1

Void Singer wrote:

you can pick up multiple items together by selecting them all and using the "take" right click option. I don't recommend exceeding 256 prims this way, and be very careful when re-rezzing them, especially near property/region borders.

also in general I recommend taking a copy of all copyable items, just in case

Unless your building is really complex or contains a lot of fiddly little parts, I usually do as Void is suggesting.  Just go into Edit mode (CTRL + 3) and drag a selection rectangle around the entire building. While everything is highlighted, walk through and locate anything that is not selected for some reason, and add it to the selection (Shift +click). When everything is selected, click "Take."  The whole thing goes to your inventory as a coalesced object.  Do a second check to be sure that you haven't left anything behind.  When you get to the new home, open Edit first, then rez the coalesced object.  It will all be selected, so you can reposition the entire mass while Edit is still open.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4732 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.