Teleporters

Cinnamon Mistwood

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

4 answers to this question

Yes, inter-region teleporters are very common.  You should be able to find many in Marketplace. The best ones use llTeleportAgent, which generally requires the script to be running in an Experience.  Teleporters designed with llTeleportAgent will always work for the unit's owner, however, even when they are not used in an Experience, so they are great for personal TP HUDS.  Other very good teleporters generally use llMapDestination, which adds an extra step to work but it still very effective.  As I said, you should be able to find quite a few.  Be sure to test drive them if you can before buying.

• Like 1

So if I want anyone to be able to teleport anyone (my lands have always been public), I need to create and experience?  The teleporters I've seen on marketplace, the ones where you climb in a hole or go through a doorway to teleport, are different than what I need?  

I guess it's time to learn a new skill and see how experiences work.

Thanks 👍

Edited by Cinnamon Mistwood
added an important word

1 hour ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

So if I want anyone to be able to teleport anyone (my lands have always been public), I need to create and experience?

If you want to use a teleporter that uses llTeleportAgent, yes.  Scripters have been writing teleporters that use llMapDestination for at least as long as I have been in SL (13 years), though, and they work quite well.  Compared to the ones with llTeleportAgent, they are a little clunkier, because they open a map view on the user's screen and require the user to click its Teleport button.  It's an extra step that takes away some of the spontaneous feel.  But it works. 

If you are a Premium member, though, you can easily set up an Experience on your land and use a llTeleportAgent system.  Read more ion the Knowledge Base:

• Like 1

There are various types of Stargate teleport systems. Some will use the Map and others the Agent and some seem to use both in their scripting. 

There are a number of teleporters that are doors. Most are just intra-region but others are inter-region.

You may want to visit Amazon River, which uses the new Experience (Agent) type teleporting. Walk through the tutorial or step into one of the... looks like a hole in the ground, openings. You do have to join the experience.

There are also teleporters that use RLV. They fall back to opening a world map if the agent is not RLV enabled.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1625 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.