Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) - Rebaking Issues - Please Help

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello Everyone

So I been noticing that every once in awhile that textures re-baking on friends clothing or tattoos re-baking on friends skins and such more on the weekends then anything else but it sometimes does it during the week

Please help me with getting this issue down so it doesn't happen as much

Below is everything copied from under - About Firestorm - Info

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 28 2019 09:08:31 (32bit) (Firestorm-Release) with Havok support
Release Notes

CPU: AMD A8-7410 APU with AMD Radeon R5 Graphics     (2195.88 MHz)
Memory: 3543 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 64-bit (Build 9200)
Graphics Card Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R5 Graphics

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 23.20.808.1536
OpenGL Version: 4.2.13497 Compatibility Profile Context 23.20.808.1536

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Not Connected
Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: Firestorm (Grey)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 64 m
Bandwidth: 550 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Low (1/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 512 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-11-3T4:41:39
Built with MSVC version 1800
November 02 2019 20:42:34 SLT

7 hours ago, Mika Rainfall said:

So I been noticing that every once in awhile that textures re-baking on friends clothing or tattoos re-baking on friends skins

Is it possible they are removing or adding system layers? An automatic rebaking will happen if they do this.

8 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Is it possible they are removing or adding system layers? An automatic rebaking will happen if they do this.

No we are all just standing around and talking on voice and this happens sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it does 100 times  then other times it doesn't do it at all its very weird.

16 hours ago, Mika Rainfall said:

No we are all just standing around and talking on voice and this happens sometimes it doesn't and sometimes it does 100 times  then other times it doesn't do it at all its very weird.

If you see textures blurring and then becoming sharp again that's not "rebaking", that's your viewer not being able to display all the textures in the area in full resolution. With your specs there's very little you can do about that, especially if you're around a number of avatars which tend to have a lot of large textures. You can try to avoid moving your camera and to turn down the number of "non-imposter" avatars - the problem is going to be more pronounced when new textures keep coming into view.

Is there some reason you are using the 32bit version of Firestorm when you don't need to be?
Though having said that, you might have problems running a 64bit viewer with so little RAM ( 3543 MB ).

The 64bit Firestorm viewer should allow a higher texture memory to be set though, which will reduce or even stop the texture thrashing.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Theresa Tennyson said:

If you see textures blurring and then becoming sharp again that's not "rebaking", that's your viewer not being able to display all the textures in the area in full resolution. With your specs there's very little you can do about that, especially if you're around a number of avatars which tend to have a lot of large textures. You can try to avoid moving your camera and to turn down the number of "non-imposter" avatars - the problem is going to be more pronounced when new textures keep coming into view.

Yeah some nights it doesn't do it at all like last night .......... Last night it never did it even once for me at all and the person was wearing the same outfit clothes, shape, skin, etc of when it did it.

It seems to be more of an issue on the weekend when there are more people on the SL Grid then anything even if there are only 3 people around me it will do it and then sometimes it won't like last night.

I believer the non-imposter avatars I have set to 30 I will try turning it down to 20 and see if that does anything for me.

Also I always have my world set to "Show Friends Only" no matter where I'm at so I only see friends in my view which is maybe never more then 4 most day and sometimes maybe 10 depending on the day but 90% of the time its usually never more then 4 avatars on my screen including mine.

2 hours ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Is there some reason you are using the 32bit version of Firestorm when you don't need to be?
Though having said that, you might have problems running a 64bit viewer with so little RAM ( 3543 MB ).

The 64bit Firestorm viewer should allow a higher texture memory to be set though, which will reduce or even stop the texture thrashing.

When I had a computer tower with about the same RAM i had issues running the 64 Bit when i installed the 32 Bit i had no issues what so ever so there for that's why I'm running the 32 Bit viewer I don't even remember the issues I had cause I have not had a tower in over 3 years.

I know someone with the excat same laptop as me and I believe they can only run the 32 Bit as well not the 64 bit its been awhile since i even been around this person to even remember and they haven't had Firestorm installed in there laptop for a least 3 or 4 new versions of Firestorm to even ask them to check.

And as I said above it is not always an issue like last night it never did it even once for me I usually see it more on the weekend when the Grid is more busy sometimes during the week but it is very odd to happen during the week its more a weekend thing that i noticed.

Edited by Mika Rainfall

1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

Can you just clarify what happens when the textures "rebake"?
Do you see the textures going blurry then sharp then blurry then sharp over & over again?

Yeah they go blurry then sharp stay sharp for awhile then go blurry again that happens more then a few times but like I said it doesn't happen everyday mostly weekends.

I'm standing right beside 2 people so there are 3 avatars on my screen have been logged in for an hour now and it hasn't done it once yet.

Last night I was logged on for over 6 hours never did it once either so it's just weird when it does it.

Edited by Mika Rainfall
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Mika Rainfall said:

Yeah they go blurry then sharp stay sharp for awhile then go blurry again that happens more then a few times but like I said it doesn't happen everyday mostly weekends.

I'm standing right beside 2 people so there are 3 avatars on my screen have been logged in for an hour now and it hasn't done it once yet.

Last night I was logged on for over 6 hours never did it once either so it's just weird when it does it.

It sounds like it could be a region thing, as I understand each region does its own baking.

9 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

It sounds like it could be a region thing, as I understand each region does its own baking.

Very true but then why would it only affect 2 avatars and not the total 4 that were on my screen?

Like I said it is very odd.

Odd question: Could it be cause the 2 that did it also have the baked on mesh added to there mesh avatar?

It's just werid but Second Life does like to be werid sometimes 

14 hours ago, Mika Rainfall said:

Very true but then why would it only affect 2 avatars and not the total 4 that were on my screen?

Like I said it is very odd.

Odd question: Could it be cause the 2 that did it also have the baked on mesh added to there mesh avatar?

It's just werid but Second Life does like to be werid sometimes 

I suspect it still could be a sim thing, because even with baking, each avatar is managed as a separate entity. Though if you see it in multiple viewers, and those people are not changing layers, then it can only be the region doing it. That's not to say it is impossible that something those people are wearing could be influencing it. :)

• Thanks 1

Something that's not been mentioned yet is HUDs. When this texture thrashing/rebaking happens are you wearing any texture-heavy HUDs such as mesh head or body HUDs? They will usually warn you in a pop-up that they consume a lot of texture memory when you first put them on.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Skell Dagger said:

Something that's not been mentioned yet is HUDs. When this texture thrashing/rebaking happens are you wearing any texture-heavy HUDs such as mesh head or body HUDs? They will usually warn you in a pop-up that they consume a lot of texture memory when you first put them on.

Nope I'm not wearing any Huds at all 

I have a Maitreya Body and Catwa Bento Head but have not gotten the Baked on Mesh yet 

Edited by Mika Rainfall

It can also be caused by texture overload in the scene, including textures worn on nearby avatars.
When the viewer runs out of texture memory, the textures will continually swap & load the textures most "interesting" to the viewer - usually those nearest to your camera & those under the mouse cursor & unload the textures that are the "least" interesting.

Next time you see the textures thrashing, can you take a screenshot shot showing the Texture Console clearly.
Activate the Developer menu in the top menu bar of the viewer with CTRL+AT+Q
Developer -> Consoles -> Texture Console.

I am having the same problem i have been trying to adjust this for months now and its not working; 

Firestorm 6.3.2 (58052) Sep 27 2019 22:41:52 (64bit) (Firestorm-Releasex64) with Havok support
Release Notes

You are at 133.4, 135.6, 14.6 in Dust Bunny located at sim10381.agni.lindenlab.com (216.82.51.31:13005)
SLURL: http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlife/Dust Bunny/133/136/15
(global coordinates 172,165.0, 322,696.0, 14.6)
Second Life Server 2019-11-01T18:02:37.532376
Release Notes

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz (1992 MHz)
Memory: 12123 MB
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 64-bit (Build 18362.418)
Graphics Card Vendor: Intel
Graphics Card: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 620

Windows Graphics Driver Version: 25.20.100.6446
OpenGL Version: 4.2.0 - Build 25.20.100.6446

RestrainedLove API: (disabled)
libcurl Version: libcurl/7.54.1 OpenSSL/1.0.2l zlib/1.2.8 nghttp2/1.25.0
J2C Decoder Version: KDU v7.10.7
Audio Driver Version: FMOD Studio 2.00.03
Dullahan: 1.1.1320 / CEF: 3.3626.1895.g7001d56 / Chromium: 72.0.3626.121
LibVLC Version: 2.2.8
Voice Server Version: Vivox 4.9.0002.30313

Settings mode: Firestorm
Viewer Skin: StarLight (Original Orange)
Window size: 1920x1001 px
Font Used: Deja Vu (96 dpi)
Font Size Adjustment: 0 pt
UI Scaling: 1
Draw distance: 96 m
Bandwidth: 500 kbit/s
LOD factor: 2
Render quality: Medium-Low (2/7)
Advanced Lighting Model: No
Texture memory: 400 MB (1)
VFS (cache) creation time (UTC): 2019-10-4T2:30:20 
Built with MSVC version 1800
Packets Lost: 0/22,968 (0.0%)
November 09 2019 12:04:58 SLT

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1630 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.