Is there a way to set mesh cuts per body (for Slink)

actualkon

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Its just kind of annoying to have to open the utilities hud and hide parts of my body and then change outfits and have to manually open the hud back up and reselect those parts so they show up. I might be missing something really obvious so sorry if I am. The hud is just very laggy for me and it would be easier if the cuts changed along with the outfit

31 minutes ago, actualkon said:

Its just kind of annoying to have to open the utilities hud and hide parts of my body and then change outfits and have to manually open the hud back up and reselect those parts so they show up. I might be missing something really obvious so sorry if I am. The hud is just very laggy for me and it would be easier if the cuts changed along with the outfit

You can create a scripted auto-alpha wearable to use with your outfits with a "Classic" Slink body. With the new "Redux" body you can wear an alpha layer that will blank out the parts of the body you need to.

Yes. There are multiple ways.

The Slink Classic bodies come with an Auto-Alpha HUD. You set your alpha cuts then click the HUD and memorizes the settings. Save the HUD with the dress or outfit and wear it when you put the dress on. It resets your alpha-cuts to those it memorized. I suspect many pre-BoM mesh bodies have something similar. So, one.

Another way is the get body alphas as you want them then make a copy of the body. Wear that copy with the dress. Two. I use this method with gowns that use a combination of applier and alpha settings.

And you probably should start thinking about BoM. Rather than alpha-cuts we use alpha-layers. This is the way mesh clothes worked before mesh bodies. Clothes will once again start coming with alpha-layers, which you just wear as part of an outfit. For new clothes this will be much easier. For clothes that came without alpha-layers for the Classic bodies, we have to make our own, which is a bit tedious. But, it works and I am starting to get more efficient making them.

All the Classic, Fitted Mesh Bodies, Appliers, and now BoM is really complicating my inventory organizing... 

8 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

For clothes that came without alpha-layers for the Classic bodies, we have to make our own, which is a bit tedious. But, it works and I am starting to get more efficient making them.

It would be wonderful if a repository could be established where we could share them. They are easy enough to make, but making them can be time-consuming. It's a shame for dozens, or hundreds, or thousands of people to duplicate work.

I would like to see suggestions about how this can happen. I'll gladly make a small parcel available for placement of something (a simple giver?) to do it.

There are some free packs of alpha layers on the MP. Not to mention that a demo that includes alphas is often the fastest and free way to get an alpha layer.

Like my alt, who has changed to BoM. She didn't have capri pants with an alpha layer. I searched the MP for "capri" on her account, got a demo for capri pants, and then she was all ready. This alpha can be used for all pants that ends below the knee, and also for midlength skirts.

I really like BoM, but I am not ready to commit to it on all my avatars.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1671 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.