Q about Mainland purchase via auction & tier

walterwhiteSr

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I haven't ever purchased any land via the SL land auction.  If I buy a mainland parcel say 4096sm at SL auction for 3000L .

Q1. that price is only the purchase price one time only or is that the Tier each following month?

Q2. Thus the auction price replaces the Tier usage fee per month and is now my tier cost per month? 

so current tier usage fee = $22 or 5500L   but if I buy via auction it might be 3000L per month???

If the auction price is one time only, (using my example) does that mean my 1st month cost is:
  $12      3000L Auction price  
  $22      5500L Tier fee        
  $ 8.25   2063L Ann Premium
----------
  $42.25   10563L 1st month Cost
- $ 4.80   -1200L stipend
- $ 7.00   -1750L 1024sqm land grant credit
----------
  $30.45    7613L final 1st month cost

OR 

Monthly Cost after 1st month using LL tier fee  (deducting 3000L auction from above)
7613L-*3000L Auction =  4613L / $18.45  per month tier + Prem  (*deducted from above)

Or Monthly after 1st month  if the auction price becomes Tier fee

$12.00   3000L Auction sale price as new Tier fee        
  $ 8.25   2063L Ann Premium
----------
  $30.25   10563L 1st month Cost
- $ 4.80   -1200L stipend
- $ 7.00   -1750L 1024sqm land grant credit
----------
  $18.45    4613L price 2nd month tier + premium

If someone can break it down this way please help, so I know all costs.

Q3. Besides buying premium annual account and buying land on auction is there a less expensive alternative for purchasing the least monthly cost land?

Edited by walterwhiteSr

The CHEAPEST way to own mainland  -- let's use your 4096 example would be to have four premium accounts all donating to a group and the group would own the land. There are some long threads on this.   

After purchase of ANY land (doesn't have to be auction land) you will pay tier each month in accordance with the size of the parcel (it goes in "hunks" with big jumps and if you are the only owner you will pay for the 4096 rate and ALSO still have 1024 of free tier. You are charged tier  on the largest amount of land you own during the PREVIOUS month, so you won't have tier due right away (unless it is too late and I am getting bleary - if so someone will correct me).  

You can almost always rent mainland cheaper than buying mainland (with good shopping) and NOT need a premium account. There are SO many choices it really depends on the individuals needs.  You can also rent private land.   Really your initial price of land -- assuming you stay there awhile and/or resell   is not the biggest factor in deciding which type of land to buy. It amortizes over time down to very little.  So if you stayed a year that would be 250 lindens per month.   

20 minutes ago, walterwhiteSr said:

I haven't ever purchased any land via the SL land auction.  If I buy a mainland parcel say 4096sm at SL auction for 3000L .

Q1. that price is only the purchase price one time only or is that the Tier each following month?

Q2. Thus the auction price replaces the Tier usage fee per month and is now my tier cost per month? 

so current tier usage fee = $22 or 5500L   but if I buy via auction it might be 3000L per month???

If the auction price is one time only, (using my example) does that mean my 1st month cost is:
 3000L Auction price
 5500L Tier fee
 2063L Ann Premium
----------
10563L 1st month Cost
-1200L stipend
-1750L 1024sqm land grant credit
----------
 7613L final 1st month cost

Montly Cost after 1st month
7613L-3000L Auction = 4613L per month tier + Prem

If someone can break it down this way please help, so I know all costs.

Q3. Besides buying premium annual account and buying land on auction is there a less expensive alternative for purchasing the least monthly cost land?

to make your calculations less confusing please do not use L$ for your premium and tier level, because those are always in USD $

Tier is the monthly cost of the specified size in USD billed to your payment method and you will need to be a premium member.

The cost of the land from an auction is a 1 time cost in lindens.

Simple answer without going into the free 1024 premium gives you and the 10% free you can get from a group - your 4096 will cost you 3000 lindens to buy and that will make your tier $22 USD a month.

Edited by Branesergen

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1691 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.