Server Update is messed up totally - May 11

Arwen Serpente

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

This morning's server update has rendered my entire inventory and avatar missing from database. I am getting reports from everyone in world that this is happening to them too.

Whatever is going on, the changes made to that server update need to be corrected or reveresed asap.

- This is exactly why I do not want the DD system pulling from my inventory folders. If this were to happen, I would not be able to edit anything, find anything, period.

at least i know its not just me. least it let me put clothing back on :) just not anything with prims! i cant tp anywhere, it loads the lm then says its not avialable to tp... gotta love days like today... guess i will just sit back with my cup of tea and enjoy the rain today! might even do some house work at the rate this is being fixed :)

Arwen Serpente wrote:

This morning's server update has rendered my entire inventory and avatar missing from database. I am getting reports from everyone in world that this is happening to them too.

Whatever is going on, the changes made to that server update need to be corrected or reveresed asap.

- This is exactly why I do not want the DD system pulling from my inventory folders. If this were to happen, I would not be able to edit anything, find anything, period.

Your local view of your inventory does not necessarily relate to what happens behind it.  The items are still there, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are missing and that you will not sell. 

I understand that Sassy, but things like this mean I cannot access my inventory to change anything or to assist in customer service should the need be there. If the DD file is in my inventory, the concern is being able to access when I need to access it and make sure it doesn't get muddled. 

Sassy Romano wrote:

Arwen Serpente wrote:

Your local view of your inventory does not necessarily relate to what happens behind it.  The items are still there, just because you can't see them doesn't mean they are missing and that you will not sell. 

So Sassy, you have used this argument a few times before... stating that "its only the user's local cached inventory that is screwed" and implying that the ASSET SERVER and the inventory for an account in the Asset Server is always or has always been safe all along.

So you are saying there will never be a time that the ASSET SERVER data for an account's/Avatar's inventory could be screwed up because LL is executing SQL processes on that segement of data on the Avatar's inventory?

I agree with Arwen and stand in the exact same position...  this is the reason I do not want DD to process SLM inventory from my Avatar's Personal Inventory... even though I know they are all records in the big ASSET DB server. 

Even though ALL ASSETS are in this Asset Server (ie. an account's inventory, an inworld rezzed mgic box and its contents, etc.) the data in the Asset Server is in categories and the activities action on these different categories of data are different.  For an Avatar's inventory, one has to assume that there are far many more system process and volatility, and changes (i.e. to deal with new function of new LL viewers, etc.) to the Avatar's inventory data structure then to a highly passive and static REZZED PRIM inworld with content.

So, today's event is a perfect example why Merchants should be screaming at Brooke and the Development Team to make sure the first deploy of the DD is using the source of the current MAGIC BOXES.

Happening to me too!

My region has been having problems the past week; customers have been frozen in place, huge walking lag, chat lag, failed to-location teleports resulting in log outs, items rezzed vanishing into the ether never to be seen again, and random region log outs.

And this is a region with NO lag. It's bloody ridiculous. And now the other day, I logged in and I stayed a floaty blorb. Cleared cache, restarted SL, floaty blorb. Went to other regions, FLOATY BLORB. Went home, did Ruth Character Test and finally was able to start from scratch with my avatar.

Then after a while I stopped being able to attach anything, gave up and logged out.

I've been getting errors in marketplace deliveries which is very unusual for me as I have a very high success rate for deliveries. And I've had failed payments. I paid my rent at my parcel, the region crashed, payment vanished into the ether and had to contact my landlord. Customers have been buying, but I haven't been getting paid.

This past week has been a [censored] nightmare.

I do look rather amazing with Ruth's fantastic eyebrow shape which won't go away. Doesn't make my skin look stunned at all! 

But seriously; most of the troubles I've had lately in SL come from the updates. No server update comes without a problem, this I know. However, there should at least be an option (an easier and right in your face one) to backup an inventory. Oh the dreams I have. 

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4734 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.