Third party friends list tools?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Weird request of the day:

Does anyone know of any tools/HUDs/whatever that can keep track of any changes to your friends list? More specifically, anything that can tell me who has just unfriended me if my friends count drops?

I've tried looking on the MP and all I've managed to find is a bunch of online-status stalker HUDs, which is not exactly what I'm after at all. And life is too short to track this manually :P

I think calling cards get placed into trash but not sure if in trash for the removed or the remover.

I have noticed some people completely vanish everywhere, others I have their cards.

Don't obsess- everyone has their own cut offs for friends list - how old last IM , moved from region, hate a group I joined etc.

31 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

I think calling cards get placed into trash but not sure if in trash for the removed or the remover.

I have noticed some people completely vanish everywhere, others I have their cards.

Don't obsess- everyone has their own cut offs for friends list - how old last IM , moved from region, hate a group I joined etc.

Calling cards don't get removed unless you manually trash them and purge them. They remain in the calling card folder(s) until you delete them.

5 hours ago, AyelaNewLife said:

Weird request of the day:

Does anyone know of any tools/HUDs/whatever that can keep track of any changes to your friends list? More specifically, anything that can tell me who has just unfriended me if my friends count drops?

I've tried looking on the MP and all I've managed to find is a bunch of online-status stalker HUDs, which is not exactly what I'm after at all. And life is too short to track this manually :P

But think about the privacy.

3 minutes ago, Kyrah Abattoir said:

But think about the privacy.

Privacy through obscurity doesn't count and you know it :P

If I cared enough (I don't) then I could quite easily make a list of my friends, and check against that daily to see who has dropped. But that's a lot of work for something that boils down to simple curiosity for me - I was just wondering if anyone had automated that process?

On 8/29/2019 at 12:33 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Calling cards don't get removed unless you manually trash them and purge them. They remain in the calling card folder(s) until you delete them.

I just tested this.

The dumper - the friendship remover- one calling card of the dumped stays in the folder

The dumped - who doesn't take action- one calling card of the dumper stays in the folder  BUT another cc of the dumper  landed in trash. [Only see this on SL viewer.]

So there's  a free way to see who isn't feelin' the love for you anymore

Edited by Cam Mode
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Cam Mode said:

I just tested this.

The dumper - the friendship remover- one calling card of the dumped stays in the folder

The dumped - who doesn't take action- one calling card of the dumper stays in the folder  BUT another cc of the dumper  landed in trash. [Only see this on SL viewer.]

So there's  a free way to see who isn't feelin' the love for you anymore

Been that way for 15 years.

• Confused 1

I don't use a list to define my friendships. That friend list was originally designed as a simple doorbell, so that when someone on that list comes online you know it *so you can meet-up and spend time together*. That's all it ever was and still is to me. People who ask to be on my list then go quiet or otherwise ignore me are usually removed within a week. I will keep my list heavily-pruned. If you ask me to be on my friend list then am I wrong to presume you are the one wanting to keep in touch with me?

Anyone who takes being unfriended in any kind of emotional way should probably stop and reevaluate their purview of the world.

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 12:33 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

On 8/30/2019 at 4:28 PM, Cam Mode said:

I just tested this.

On 8/30/2019 at 7:32 PM, Selene Gregoire said:

Been that way for 15 years.

Two things can't be true.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cam Mode said:

I just tested this.

Two things can't be true.

Calling cards work no differently now than they did 15 years ago. It has not changed. As I said, it has been that way for 15 years.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1764 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.