Shoes for animesh

animats

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Animesh characters can wear shoes. They just can't afford them.

simpleshoe.jpg.025ec3abde2bb58474ba5f895c62db4f.jpg

Couldn't be that complex, could it?

shoehighpoly.png.cc9fa97a1dc0f9b088c39f477b834697.png

It could. 30016 triangles. On an animesh character, that's 45 LI. Per shoe. My whole character, is only 30 LI.

highpolyshoes.png.02e80abe0b50e6372e54b4fc9c66c0c7.png

Another shoe drops. 28,308 triangles. 43LI per shoe in animesh model.

(Animesh LI: 666 triangles per LI at high LOD. 333 at medium. 167 at low. 84 at lowest. Compute all 4, use biggest number.)

Anyone know some basic female sneakers or casual boots for a standard female avatar with an animesh LI of 1 or 2? I've been downloading demos, unpacking them, getting the triangle count, and deleting them. It's not helping.

Edited by animats

Until baking details like strings, rubber pads and indents into maps is seen as "low quality", "3d noob" practice, there won't possibly be anything suitable to be added to an animesh character's wardrobe. Unfortunately. 

Edited by OptimoMaximo

SL-Avatar-Bottom-512.jpg

OK. Here are the SL standard "Lower"  UV layouts. Where can I get shoe textures that use these templates? A basic sneaker would be enough for now. Thanks.

All I need for now are boring old texture shoes. Like these.

systemshoes01.jpg.49e4364b12a0353bd96ed194d77e0645.jpg

I know they are obsolete, but someone must have old-style textured shoe files around somewhere. Let me know.

Edited by animats

rollerfreightgirl29li.thumb.jpg.28cab1105ee8770b622020b9eb1797af.jpg

Dacy, my latest animesh character. 29 LI as shown. I was sent a copy of those shoe textures. Thanks. I made up some workout wear. All the clothing has to be composited onto the skin texture in Photoshop. When animesh get Bakes on Mesh in "Animesh 2", that may improve. For now, it's a big pain to change clothing on animesh.

I've tried some of the freebie places. But this is animesh. I need the raw texture files in Photoshop. At least until animesh get Bakes on Mesh or some way to change clothing in-world.

I'd much rather buy animesh clothing from SL's large community of clothing makers. I'm working on scripting good NPCs, they have to wear something, they have to be low LI, and there's little that I can buy, so I had to make a detour through basic clothing construction. It's old-style system clothing, of course, but because these characters are usually in motion, it's not very noticeable.

(Dacy is currently running around my workshop in Vallone. She's using my new pathfinding system. Not done with that yet, but it's good enough to let a character use it in public. I have two other characters running on the SL pathfinding system, so people can compare behavior. Dacy is the fast one. I've finally overcome the problem of NPC characters moving at zombie speed.)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, animats said:

For now, it's a big pain to change clothing on animesh.

Glad I don't have that problem. 😉

16 hours ago, animats said:

When animesh get Bakes on Mesh in "Animesh 2", that may improve.

You mean Animesh 4 or more. We're already at Animesh 2 with the current body shape support beta. Attach point support will be Animesh 3 because its been talked about since Animesh was initially announced and IMO, more usable by a larger audience than BoM. Granted, I would also like to see BoM for Animesh, but mostly BoM for objects in general.

The minimum level of baking support would be to let you save baked textures to a file. If you have full perms, you can save regular textures to a file. So, if a bake is composed entirely of full perm textures, you should be able to save the bake to a file.

Then, to dress animesh, you'd wear the animesh skin and body, put on system clothing, bake on mesh, and save the resulting upper and lower textures. Upload those (L$10 each) and put them on your animesh character. It's a pain, but we could then recycle all the old freebie system clothing for animesh.

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...

shoesforanimesh01_001.jpg.384300c1881db1d706e8c8e0ab50dd93.jpg

At last, shoes for animesh. 4 LI total on animesh. 1286 triangles each. New work by Duck Girl.

On the left, paint-on texture shoes. On the right, new mesh shoes. They look good even zoomed in this close. They look OK at low level of detail, too. Shoes do not have to have 20,000 triangles.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1583 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.