calebbhaas

Problem with Mesh Hair

9 minutes ago, Nalates Urriah said:

I am surprised the viewers handle it as well as they do.

I read-up on the physics of helicopters and they literally should not be able to fly. The universe is a mysteriously-amazing place. :)

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

the Firestorm team shares their fixes with the community, including the Lab. So, the fix will propagate to all the viewers that need it.

Aw, you beat me to it! LOL

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Alyona Su said:

Thank you (as I had presumed) - though I haven't noticed this issue, so I also will suppose that it happens with certain hair (built a certain way) or something. I look at it this way: Second Life is an adventure! :)

The issue only affects Linux and Mac users.  If you are using one of those operating systems you can potentially see the effect by getting the free demo of the hair from Whirly's MP link.  If you don't see the same issue then that information plus details of your computer might be valuable for the devs working on it in understanding and eliminating the problem.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The issue only affects Linux and Mac users.  If you are using one of those operating systems you can potentially see the effect by getting the free demo of the hair from Whirly's MP link.  If you don't see the same issue then that information plus details of your computer might be valuable for the devs working on it in understanding and eliminating the problem.

I use a PC at home and a Mac when I'm at office (which I prefer, actually) - though I haven't really noticed this issue (and I'm an avid alt-cammer LOL), which is why I wonder if it's also specific to certain "builds". EDIT to add: I do have the HiDPI (Retina Display) option turned ON, so I wonder if that also has an affect (as in: the problem not manifesting in that mode.) Feels like something I want to experiment with because I R Cyooreeusskitty.

Edited by Alyona Su

It does appear that those who have updated to Mac Mojave can no longer reproduce this bug.
So it's only affecting older Mac OS  (in which case the "fix" is probably going to be them told to update to Mojave), and Linux - seemingly all flavours of Linux.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Whirly Fizzle said:

It does appear that those who have updated to Mac Mojave can no longer reproduce this bug.
So it's only affecting older Mac OS  (in which case the "fix" is probably going to be them told to update to Mojave), and Linux - seemingly all flavours of Linux.

OH! I hadn't thought about that: macOS is always breaking/fixing/breaking stuff all the time with each update/upgrade/update. Apple: You love to hate to love to hate to... Well, like how one feels about anything Microsoft LOL

Edited by Alyona Su

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2019 at 8:24 PM, Whirly Fizzle said:

Rendering broken as you can see, same machine I posted , same specs.

*Forgot to mention that transparent water rendering seems broken in that test version on my system. If I set it to transparent water it all disappears, there's nothing, only unticking it do I get the non transparent water.

Snapshot_001.png

Edited by Gabourey
  • Thanks 1

So far all the hairstyles I had problems with look much better with the nightly version of Firestorm, thank you very much. :)

FS-Hair.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1