Premium account expires soon, how to keep active?

Kelvin Amaterasu

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

3 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Kelvin Amaterasu said:

Last year I cancelled the yearly recurring payment option from Linden Research, Inc in PayPal and don't see a way to reactivate it now.

Does that mean I'll lose my home and other perks when that year expires later this month?

If you do not renew  your Premium payment when it comes due you will of course go back to being a basic member with no perks. If you want to reinstate you premium membership I suspect that a support ticket can do that if you already CANCELED your premium membership. It is a little tricky to know exactly what your details are on that -- at least for me.

When you take a Premium membership, you agree to recurring charges of your payment method.  The correct way to stop this is to downgrade your Premium membership to Basic.

Apparently, you want to remain a Premium member.  I'd contact PayPal and see if they can reactivate the recurring payment option.

If you don't, I expect one of two things will happen.

1. LL will attempt to charge PayPal for your renewal, and PayPal will accept it.  If so, no problem!
  2. LL will attempt to charge PayPal, and PayPal will reject it.  Now you will be "in arrears".  If you don't correct the problem, LL will (eventually) delete your account.  Not downgrade it to Basic, but delete it.

16 hours ago, Kelvin Amaterasu said:

Last year I cancelled the yearly recurring payment option from Linden Research, Inc in PayPal and don't see a way to reactivate it now.

Does that mean I'll lose my home and other perks when that year expires later this month?

if you only deleted the paypal agreement, it's easy to restore:
remove the paypal as payment method
re add it, you'll get a new agreement automaticly.
if you used the paypal as payment info, and bought lindens through that in the meantime without failures, the agreement is most likely still active.

if you also already started the downgrade process to basic, you need to contact LL support to stop that.

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1728 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.