Lumiya animations not working anymore

Bobait

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi all, 

Since SL last updated, animations dont seem to work on Lumiya anymore.

Anyone know anything g or have any ideas on how to fix this?

I use a gaxaly note 9 android phone.

Anyone else having this issue?

17 answers to this question

11 minutes ago, seanabrady said:

Lumiya hasn't been updated in quite sometime and I believe isn't even available anymore on the Play Store. Nothing can be done about it I am afraid. It's simply no longer up to date.

You can still download the app from multiple places.

I'm just wondering if theres a way to get animations working again.

With UDP being disabled, you will have to wait for a viewer update for that to be fixed (and also the changing clothes issue). We don't know how long that will be due to the dev being in hiding for her own safety.

Edited by BethTech
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Bobait said:

Anyone know anything g or have any ideas on how to fix this?

The only fix is an update to Lumiya. From what I heard when I went digging is the author Alina is Russian and missing from SL. Not answering email or logging in. Last update to the viewer was more than a year ago. I can't find the source code anywhere. Presumably it was proprietary.

You can try attending the Server Scripting UG meetings on Tuesday and Open Source on Wednesday. UG Meetings Tell Oz Linden how badly SL needs an Android viewer.

There are rumors the Lab is building a mobile app. Oz has mentioned it. But, no real details nor info on the priority level. People may be able to change that by showing up in the UG meetings and asking for help.

2 hours ago, Nalates Urriah said:

The only fix is an update to Lumiya. From what I heard when I went digging is the author Alina is Russian and missing from SL. Not answering email or logging in. Last update to the viewer was more than a year ago. I can't find the source code anywhere. Presumably it was proprietary.

You can try attending the Server Scripting UG meetings on Tuesday and Open Source on Wednesday. UG Meetings Tell Oz Linden how badly SL needs an Android viewer.

There are rumors the Lab is building a mobile app. Oz has mentioned it. But, no real details nor info on the priority level. People may be able to change that by showing up in the UG meetings and asking for help.

I've been attending the TPV Meetings for a while (as well as the Meet the Lindens) and I can assure you it's no rumor. Here is the most recent information I know of on the progress of the LL mobile apps. Oz also did say that Android was coming as well.

https://modemworld.me/2019/06/01/2019-sl-user-groups-22-3-tpv-developer-meeting/

https://modemworld.me/2019/06/26/sl16b-meet-april-and-oz-linden-summary-with-audio-and-video/

https://modemworld.me/2019/06/29/2019-sl-user-groups-26-3-tpv-developer-meeting/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Barbie, your best option is to use a laptop or a desktop computer for SL.  If you have a Chromebook, some people have said it's possible, if you have some skills, to install Linux and use a Linux SL viewer.

If you have an Android tablet, you can use the Bright Canopy service to access SL, but it's pretty expensive.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Barbie Davi said:

Hi Lumiya was the way to enter Second life please, please, how do I solve the problem of animation and clothes thanks

Actually you don't. The Lumiya app is old and out of date. There is nothing we can do to update it. It is not broken. So, there is no fix. The lindens have added features to SL and removed old features the Lumiya viewer depended on. Lumiya simply is NOT supported by the SL system.

The Lumiya computer code is proprietary and not available to the open source community. So, unless the original author, which we have tried to contact, releases the code... Lumiya is done.

• Thanks 1

It does seem a bit daft to miss out on the obvious demand for an android based viewer. This is especially true now that phones have sufficient power to run the graphics of SL.  It is ironic that, apart from the issues reported above, I am getting a better experience now on Lumiya than I ever did with my  new S10+

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, Char Nettle said:

It does seem a bit daft to miss out on the obvious demand for an android based viewer. This is especially true now that phones have sufficient power to run the graphics of SL.  It is ironic that, apart from the issues reported above, I am getting a better experience now on Lumiya than I ever did with my  new S10+

Are graphic animations working for you now?

i use 2.40 version and you need put clothes link or link or what you want Wear or activate in current outfit folder manually else it dont run and to desactivate you need unwear in this folder and delete from folder else it dont run too.
with those tops it runs perfectly.

all animations script dont run on inworld or hud

neo avatar is the best to run in mesh other like signature lag, i use a Xiaomi black shark 2

Hope it help

sorry my poor english I'm french

lumiya isnt gone and i plan on updating this in the future and reproposing the idea at a later date with optimizations added that i plan to do with a version of its apk ive been working with and modifying/making better to its orignal creator or that of the person who owns its copyright claims

Edited by mylittleone123
  • Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 1496 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.